42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Pre-Noms Revealed

John

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Off the top of my head, she had that and she had her goodbye material with Ali Sweeney. She's the definition of a solid supporting player. I guess they set a precedent last year when she was nominated for the Alzheimer's material (which wasn't really "lead," either), and there seems to be some unspoken thing that older = lead. It's odd.

• Members

I haven't read this thread yet, but just commenting on the pre- noms from WE LOVE SOAPS:

Peggy McKay should be leading the Supporting Actress Leader, her speech at the wedding is a shoe in, but she hasn't been a lead actress in many years. No disrespect to her, but supporting is her category.

Heather Tom should be supporting this year. She didn't have lead actress material.

Billy Miller was barely on Y&R this year...WTF w/that nomination?

While the Staff and Broadway legend Kelly Sullivan have been here before, was someone OTP(on the pipe) to nominate them this year???????

Sean Carrigan is nice to look at, but they may as well have put Paevey up for an Emmy!

True O'Brien is truly Beige, and Connor Kalopsis is barely on...these twoblink.pngblink.png ?

• Members

Michelle Stafford won her first emmy as supporting. They didn't want to make it so top heavy in lead. She doesn't deserve the nod. IMO the lead actress category it's tough I honestly see Maura West, Alison Sweeney, Gina Tognoni, Heather Tom and Laura Wright. I honestly think while Alison is the huge favorite watch out for Gina as thst scene with her in the living room confronting Jack about Kelly was everything emmy voters love. Would anyone be shocked if Gina wins for this? I am not a huge Laura Wright but she wss great during the wedding scenes

• Members

SMDH at this pre-nom list. There are so many people that don't even deserve to be on here. Why is Missy Egan, Tracey Bregman, or Jessica Collins in Lead Actress? By no way was she lead last year. Sharon Case, who shockingly isn't on any list, was. But not those three. Did Sharon not submit herself?

And don't get me started on Amelie Heinle.... :rolleyes:

This award show is such hot garbage. I expect the final list to be even worse.

When it comes to awards and soaps, the British Soap Awards gets me more excited than the EMMYS.

• Members

I love seeing Ali Sweeney, Blake Berris, Lauren Boles, and Casey Moss on this list!! But where the heck is James Scott!!

He was the leasing male the entire year until EJ's death in October! And I agree about Peggy-- older does NOT equal "Lead Actress" ... She had some great scenes this year at the WilSon wedding and Sami's exit but she did not lead any of her episodes- to say that she is anywhere near Ali Sweeny in terms of story influence. Soap gods please let Ciara Boles win!!

Archived