DAYS: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Did anyone see the cover for this week's SOD cover about Alison Sweeney returning to DAYS? If anyone read this week's SOD issue, can you please divulge if AS is returning to DAYS back on contract, or for guest appearances for the show's 50th anniversary episodes?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This week's episodes were the best they've done in a long time overall. Still some head scratcher writer choices like having Paul come out to his family over an extended phone call. And Guy Wilson has to go; this is a vital character who could follow in Sami's footsteps with complex emotions but this actor is fairly awful, no way around it. His ticks and facial expressions when he arrived at the hospital and learned about Will, well that scene alone should get him canned, notwithstanding the fact that the writers are portraying him one day like a saint and the next day a sinner. It make no sense that he would have slept with Paul. They could have drawn many parallels to Sami's past behavior etc. Maggie and Victor finding Sonny was really poignant and Maggie stopping the bleeding. I was crying. Adrienne and Lucas work too and gave the story some gravitas. The Serena story is another one where the writers don't seem to know how to construct a compelling ACT ONE. We don't care about her quest or secret and she doesn't have all that much chemistry with Eric. He was better as the boy toy priest for Kristin. And his hair dooo has to be cut back in a dramatic fashion. Girlfriend have too much froth going on but keep that shirt open honey; it makes your scenes bearable. The Elephant statue reminds me of the Red Swan plot on AW. Tomlin directed AW at that time and liked the story i guess.

Sonny acted this week too; loved his confrontation with Victor; he showed out in that scene.

Maxine needs some Abe love though; she workin' too hard finding blood and all. I loved that she called Paul. Right on girl. You violate every hospital protocol to save them Gays!

Janet Iacubuzio actually turned in two compelling scripts Wed/Thurs.

I loved the split screen montage at the end of Thurs, very 90s and fun. l

• Members

I liked Chandler in the role. I miss him in the role. I miss looking at him everyday. I liked his Will (for the most part). But he chose to leave. He phoned it in for a very long time. He checked out and was done. He's moved on. He wasn't fired for Guy Wilson.

Just saying ;)

That being said, Guy Wilson has had this role for a year and he's made no improvements. DAYS, cut your losses please. I tried to defend him. I tried to give him time. But just, no. He's not a good actor.

Archived