Name Changes

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On AMC everyone called Juan Pablo...Juan Pablo. Then one day the "Juan" was suddenly dropped and everyone called him just "Pablo", as if everyone in Pine Valley had gotten a memo in their email about the change.

There must have been some legal issue with the name or focus groups has a major issue with it for some reason.

• Members

On Another World, Phillip Lyons was referred to on-screen as Philippe Lyonnes (with a French inflection). He was said to be Cecile's former fiancé from France. But when the character appeared, he was known as Phillip Lyons -- an American who had been living in France. I always assumed TPTB didn't want to ask Robert Gentry to use a French accent day after day, so they simply changed his history and made him American.

• Members

I don't know if this counts or not, but on OLTL, Blair Daimler became Blair Cramer. You can honestly separate it by saying Mia played Blair Daimler and Kassie played Blair Cramer (although technically her Blair was still using Daimler as a last name in the beginning). When did the change actually occur onscreen?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I remember reading about it in SOD before it happened onscreen. It was the show's effort to more clearly bond her to Dorian, et al, it was months into Kassie's run IIRC. Definitely before all of the Cramer Women/Melador stuff started up.

• 1 month later...

Archived