Ladies of GH interview

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grahn: For years, Jane and I were the only older women on contract, and they weren’t working us. It’s a fact that the previous regime at ABC Daytime [headed by Brian Frons, who exited in 2012] was repelled by age, and there was a very strict policy that only the young GH characters should be focused on, that only the young actors should be used for publicity. And the ratings went down.

----------------------------------

I believe that isnt the whole story but the abandonment of the real GH characters that people expected to see prior to 2002 I think did eventually wind up hurting the show. There is as yet not a single instance of Steve Burton or Jason Morgan having any noticeable impact on ratings except, as NLG points out, driving them down perhaps. With the ratings the Frons/Guza/Phelps/Benard/Burton regime produced GH could have just gone to a seniors home and filmed oldsters trying to put their teeth in and it would have been the same.

The show still doesn't use Anna and Tracy (forget about Bobbie, Monica, Lucy and Felicia) as much as they could but at least there are characters now that belong on GH. Why the hell this article included that Y&R woman (I forget her name) is beyond me.

• Members

I guess spitting in a co-worker's face to "enhance the scene" doesn't count as changing the script at all, huh?

Why anyone lends any credence to a word that comes out of that bitch's mouth is completely beyond me! She created such a hostile environment on many occasions but tries to convince fans she was wronged. At least JFP was smart and showed Staff how worthless she was! I expected Logan, Stafford and possibly NLG to be unprofessional, but it looks like West has hitched her wagon to Stafford. Big mistake!

• Members

I think that MW is trying not to rock the boat b/c she knows what MS is capable of. Better to keep the piece than rock the boat. Especially since Michelle would automatically have Nancy, her BFF, in her corner.

But didn't Maura and Michelle not get along at Y&R? There were rumblings that Michelle had a hand in having Diane killed off/Maura fired. Wouldn't be surprised if it were true along with other numerous rumors about Michelle and her mishaps at Y&R.

• Members

I think MW and MS are fine but I doubt she cares or thinks about what Giggly Heffa is capable of. LW and JE seems to be on team Maura anyway..at the latest ladies of GH event in NJ Laura couldn't stop gushing about her old friend from the p&g days.

Archived