FANT4STIC: Fantastic Four Reboot

Cheap21

• Members

The problem is that they spend 2 hours building up to a final battle that was like 5 minutes long (and that's being generous)....

Doctor Doom was a complete and total failure/waste. The actor was good but they didn't provide much basis for his animosity towards the main four. Miles Teller was pretty bad/bland as Mr. Fantastic. Kate Mara and Michael B Jordan were on point. The guy playing the Thing was hot as a human and that's really about it.

Sad it's doing so badly but after leaving the theater I had to admit to myself that it was very very weak in terms of plot and action.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It also had so so FX, wrong casting and bad writing.  I don't think there was any action at all, and I can't even remember if we even got to see Reed stretch or Sue use her powers in anything other than training.  Dr Storm was very stilted and played by a bad actor, and his dialogue at times was eye rolling.  It's just a dull, bad movie starring a 17 year old Reed Richards (who should be 45) and a Ben who is hardly in the movie. 

A lot of things just didn't make sense.  Why was Dr Storm with all his government level science know how trolling high school science fairs looking for scientists?  What exactly was the problem with Doom that got him kicked off the project?  Reed abandoned Ben to escape and promised to come back for him, but he never did.  Then Reed shows up and in two minutes they're good to go.  The people who took Ben, Johnny and Sue seemed to treat them pretty decently so why was Reed even in hiding?  Was it hiding?   Somehow Doom shows up with powers but how did he get these powers?  I wasn't entirely sure if Doom just wanted to go home or destroy earth, and if he did want to destroy earth, why?   

• Members

I think we're saying the same things. 

although for the me I couldn't care less about the actors ages. Like you said though, there were a million questions that they generated. Beginning with the science fair and all the way through to the end. 

I think the casting (aside from Teller) was spot on. I like Dr. Storm and I think Toby Kebbel had the right gravitas to play the smart but very touchy prickly prideful person that I think Doctor Doom is. 

By FX I assume you're referring to the special effects? Again maybe I'm easy to please but I thought visually it was great. The way they showed their various powers was cool. My only problem is that we get to see them use it that much at all. Esp in combat. 

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I finally saw the movie and I have to say I actually enjoyed it. Far from perfect but watchable. Id give it either a 6 or 6.5. The first half is pretty damn solid but unfortunately its flaws creep up in the second half. Its like it was made by two different directors and they decided to mesh the two parts together. Its quite apparent with that time jump and the momentum from earlier is gone and the tone just doesnt vibe with what the film established in its first 50 minutes

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived