DAYS: Wilson/Paul Week of Jan 26

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear what you're saying. Marlena's a problematic character because she's being utilized like pre-Aiden Hope--she really only functions as a talk-to character or a logistical plot pusher at the hospital. If she's going to be relegated to supporting status to only fulfill Dee's contract obligations, she may as well be used in Will's story rather than window dressing at the hospital. Or in that non-story with John (??). (She had nice scenes with Eric recently, even if they were heavy-handed.)

I was LOL flashing back to Bo/Billie and Philip/Belle during those scenes with Kate and Will. tongue.png

But I do think the interaction is fine. There are serious problem areas like Aiden/Hope and I think it's weird that Jenn, in Tomlin's effort to make her the lead legacy heroine, interacts way more with Brady, Nicole, and Eric than Hope (and her other family/friends) . . . but there is a lot of sensible and surprising interaction. This show, most likely due to Broderick, rarely misses a beat. Even last week being JJ/Paige-heavy was fine to me because of how everything came around from Eve, Jenn, Rory, Bev, Daniel, Daphne, Theresa, and Cole. It may be an overall weak story, but that's tight daily writing. And even if it's only in the dialogue, there are wonderful moments like Jenn asking Daniel to talk to JJ because Justin's out of town. While I'd obviously prefer to see JJ and Justin interact on-screen, I immensely appreciate mentions like that after the Higley and MarDar eras where stuff like this rarely ever occurred to them. And Broderick themes the episodes with scenes juxtaposing each other, adding to a connective feel.

I agree the show is dull and in a rut, but someone is still hitting the right day-to-day notes for me.

• Members

I agree. The day-to-day writing is usually good. I credit the script writers [most] and Broderick. Seriously, thank God for them because I think they save the show from being even worse than it could be.

I agree to an extent about the interactions but I still feel, and I'm seeing this said a lot elsewhere, is that the storylines are just too isolated and everyone feels like they're in their own bubble.

Archived