2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Daniellie is African American and I bet they wanted to add a person of color to the writing staff.  Also, Danielle knows Melissa Salmons from GL days and Fran Newman whose husband wrote scripts for GL for a long time. Albert Alaar is also a person of color and probably wanted to diversify the writing staff.  I always liked her scripts on the Light! 

• Administrator

GH:

- Katherine Schock last listed as Breakdown Writer on August 12

- Jean Passanante first listed as Breakdown Writer on August 13

It looks like Schock moved back to writing scripts but I wouldn't be surprised if she returned to breakdowns now that JP is HW. 

• Members

LISA SEIDMAN JOINS "DAYS" WRITING STAFF

Please register in order to view this content

Lisa Seidman has joined the "Days" writing staff as a breakdown writer. Her first episode will air in the near future. This is her third stint with "Days." Her first stint was as a dialogue writer from December 2002-February 2003. She then returned as a breakdown and dialogue writer from December 2008-August 2011. Seidman began her writing career for "Cagney & Lacey" in 1984 and has also written for "Scarecrow & Mrs. King" (1985), "Falcon Crest" (1987-1988), "Dallas" (1990-1991), "Dangerous Curves" (1992), "Knots Landing" (1992-1993), "Murder, She Wrote" (1994), "Silk Stalkings" (1996), "Sunset Beach" (1997-1999), "Guiding Light" (2002-2003), "One Life to Live" (2006-2007), "Hollywood Heights" (2012) and "The Young and the Restless" (2008, 2012-2014). Seidman has been nominated for 4 Daytime Emmys, winning two (for "Days" in 2012 and "The Young and the Restless" in 2014). From 2003-2006, she wrote three primetime historical serials for Russian television, as well as the Russian adaptation of "Ugly Betty." Seidman has also written two novels: "A Killer in the Ratings" and "Sinners and Lovers." She also teaches TV writing at USC. Seidman, 58, was born on April 27, 1957.

In a 2013 interview, Seidman had this to say about writing for daytime television: "Daytime TV is much harder to write than anybody thinks. You’re writing a detailed outline or a script every week while in prime time you’re writing one script a month or even less, depending on how many writers are on staff. You have two days to write an 11-page outline on daytime, whereas in primetime you have a week or a week and a half to write your script. In daytime you have many more characters to deal with — at least 10 to 15 — and you have to know all their voices, their stories. You have to know their histories from before you went on the show — and those histories are much more complicated than prime time back story because these characters have been on the air anywhere from 10 to 40 years!" For the complete interview, click here: http://dallasdecoder.com/2013/06/06/the-dallas-decoder-interview-lisa-seidman/

• Members

Dollars to donuts Broderick is out.  She came with Tomsell...they ain't no way she's writing for Higley.  My guess is Dave Ryan's out too as he's probably a Broderick pick from AMC in the final year.

I wonder if Sheri Anderson was brought back to write breakdowns....

I think in the end the writers to go with Tomsell are Broderick, Ryan, Iacubuzio and Cherrill. 

Archived