2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least they are bringing in new blood.  The show's directing has been mostly awful for years.  They need creative directors.  I'm glad to see Noel Maxam back and hope McKinsey directs again.  Sonia has to be an improvement and she's the first female director since Kathryn Foster I think.

• Members

Looks like one half of former Days of Our Lives head writing duo "TomSell" is about to be gainfully employed again. I'm hearing Chris Whitesell is thisclose to signing on to the writing staff at ABC Daytime'sGeneral Hospital. 

Whitesell co-helmed the writers' room at DAYS with Gary Tomlinfrom 2008 to 2011 and again from 2012 to 2015.  This won't be his first go around in fictional Port Charles. He was both associate head writer and co-head writer for a time during 1997. 

Relax, "Jelly" (Jean Passanante andShelly Altman) fans. I hear this time around he will be writing breakdowns. 

This is from daytime confidential. Omg love Jamey calling them Jelly our dynamic duo. Honestly Whitesell has been mixed he wrote days with baby switch years ago during his first run and then the Kristen return was great. Days sucked last year of Tomsell. Wonder if Gary is coming behind aa well. These are strong writers. I would love to see Lorraine cross over to GH. Jelly would have the best writing team in town to present their amazing approach to writing.

• Members

No surprise about Whitesell; he's well respected and friends with both Altman and Passanante and worked on most of the shows both headwriters' have been on..
I would not be surprised to see Jelly hire Dave Kriezman to return to GH as a script writer. Carlivati fired both Kriezman (who was writing excellent GH scripts) and Iacubuzio.  Carlivati fired Iacubuzio from OLTL as well.  There seemed to be bad blood there as well.  In a 2014 interview from Nelson Aspen with Iacubuzio she said that she was dismissed from GH after it was "invaded" by new writers meaning Carlivati.  So here's the upcoming GH writing team

Written by

Jean Passananat
Shelly Altman

with

Chris Whitesell
Janet Iacubuzio
Ana T. Cascio
Chris Van Etten
Kathryn Schock (t think she'll go back to scripts)

LIz Korte

Scott Sickles
Andrea Compton
Suzanne Flynn

Archived