B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't disagree with you. I think they can easily mix the groups up, although too much of it comes across to me as a little icky. In a perfect world, there would be a couple more people in Aly & Nicole's goup and then Liam, Ivy, Wyatt, Hope and a couple more. It's not too much, it's manageable, even for a half hour show.

Age can be a very fluid thing although I was under the impression Aly was 17 maybe 18 when she debuted a little over a year ago. So it's one thing for her to be involved with Oliver as a sort of older/younger relationship and another for her to go from Oliver to Liam to Wyatt etc. Ew.

Agreed on Hope and her "adventures." That's the whole point I'm trying to make. The answer is not to throw Aly and Nicole into that group, but to bring in another character or two and really beef up Ivy. Having Wyatt put his hands all over Nicole just feels so, so disgusting to me. Again, she and Aly come off way too young for that.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep and B/B is notorious for going way overboard with this...its obvious and annoying and hinders the drama for me. Aly (who has nothing else to do) and Ivy were going at it was so thick one day I just flipped the channel... couldn't take another minute of poor Caroline (who had/has a very strong attraction to Ridge) is such a victim... and Rick really loves her and is acting out blah blah

I got it I got; I don't need every character pimping Caroline as the wronged party who still wants to boink Ridge.

• Members

I don't see any issue with B&B having characters discuss Caroline's situation and taking her side.

It's not the same thing as the endless propping that other soaps do for characters like Daniel (DAYS), Franco (GH) or Dylan (Y&R).

In this case, Rick has acted in an overbearingly over the top way and has treated Caroline WORSE than dirt. So what if she still has a desire to boink Ridge? Rick was f-cking another woman, moved her into an apartment, tricked his father into giving him control of the company, embarrassed, yelled at, and humiliated Caroline at every turn, verbally abused her, moved his mistress into his father's house while kicking Caroline out of hers, tried to fire her and now has possibly shot her and/or Ridge. So I can see why characters will sort of be on Caroline's side... besides, a lot of them have expressed criticism over some of Caroline's actions, too and empathy towards Rick's feelings.

• Members

I also thought it was just ok. I appreciated the effort and the style of it, but...

They wanted to focus on the current characters/actors and I get it. The audience is MUCH younger than it used to be 5 years ago. Hence they skipped Stephanie for the most part and showed NOTHING of Taylor and Amber despite them being two of THE ost pivotal characters next to Brooke.

• Members

whats changed bc you used to be so against this whenever i suggested it last year. I used to want i but I think the ship has sailed now. Whats the point with Hope gone? It should have been Quinn at the height of her crazy trying to seduce Liam in order to drive a wedge between them. It would seem anticlimatic and pointless to do it now especially with no motivation and I dont think its worth doing as just some random drunken ONS especially without the story there for context

Archived