Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No matter who's writing, I think we all know Jill, ( or any character really), will not be able to get the better of Victor. It's too bad that it's so predictable but that's what happens when a actor get's too much control and TPTB behind the stories favor older men.

It doesn't matter, I think they could be setting up a path for Jill to get it without Victor losing. I think it may end up being a test from Katherine that Victor is carrying out for her. As much as I hate that, it doesn't matter. If the end game is giving CI to Jill, I'll be ecstatic. That's the way it should of been in the 1st place so any way they find a way close to that is fine with me. Anything is more believable than what they actually did.

Devon and Nina don't have anything to do with the big business world. Devon quit Jabot because he said it wasn't for him. Even if they were to become interested they have no experience. Inheriting money doesn't make anyone business savvy. Remember Genevieve buying Jabot? lol.

Was Nina even in the Will?

Devon already got his. He got more money that the other children/grandchildren combined. Besides that, he's a McCall. It doesn't matter if you believe Phillip Chancellor II, or Gary Reynolds, was the founder of Chancellor Industries, Kay did wrong to both of those men in order to get that company. Cheated and lied to Gary, and KILLED Phillip Chancellor II.

Kay supposedly became a better person, she should go out making amends not cheating the offspring of Reynolds and Chancellor even more.

• Members

There's no need for Colin. I'd like to see Jill and Joe together, with him double crossing Victor for a piece of Chancellor.

Today's show was OK. I was surprised by the Sage's reveal...did anyone see that coming? The down side would be Sage staying in GC longer needed. Constance's "vision" of Gabriel wasn't good, there had to be something about Adam that made her doubt his identity before this.

Apparently, Kelly's descent into Crazytown isn't going to be subtle. That gas tank issue needs to be explained asap, it makes even less since now since Phyllis said she topped off the day before.

Avery sucks.

• Members

Devon & Nina BOTH have more valid claims to Chancellor than Jill.

And so what if neither of them have "business" experience?

Half the town doesn't have business experience yet they managed to learn on the job when thrown into the business arena.

However feel free to keep up the self righteous bitching, it's HIGHLY amusing. smile.png

• Members

How so? There is no reason to look up any actual laws because it's a soap and they don't follow them.

But story wise why should Devon get it? Jill doesn't have to related by blood. Katherine can leave companies, and money, to a dog if she so wishes.. Devon got the lions share of the genetic lottery he won, he wasn't left out.

Regardless if Chancellor Industries was founded by Gary Reynolds and grown into a cooperation by Phillip Chancellor II, or founded by Phillip Chancellor II, how does Devon come into it? Gary Reynolds was deceived by Kay and her affair with Devon's grandfather. Had he had known about it Kay would have been left penniless with no company & maybe Brock would have received it all.

Phillip Chancellor had it the worst, Kay murdered him! Divorced he would have had at least 50% of Chancellor. Even though Katherine legally owned it the end, no matter what her past crimes are, she is portrayed as growing into a better person in her later years. So she dies cheating the Reynolds and Chancellor wings of the families out of their fair share in order to give the Judge Hendricks wing (Devon) even more? That makes no sense.

Devon is also heir to Tucker's monster fortune. Does it really matter if he's worth 50, 100, or 200 billion? Him hogging everything Kay leaves Jill without any story. Jill & Katherine were the story for 35 + years. It would be nice , at least for a little while, to watch what Jill would do in Katherine's shoes. They've only teased us with it for DECADES!

Seriously, I don't understand why everything has to be about Devon. He is only one of Katherine's relationships & tacked on in the last minute at that.. I see posters everyday surprised at the fact that Kay & Devon are even related. MAB was a horrible writer and never made the connection. Devon was the worst connected heir in Kay's history. JC is gone so it's impossible to do it now.

What viewers have watched is 1000 of scenes spanning 40 years between Jill & Kay. There doesn't need to be any resolution between Kay & Devon, they didn't have a relationship and she provided for him handsomely.

• Members

Jill got the mansion & Thursday's episode may be the beginning of getting something more. Like her life back .......hopefully.

It's never "the end" until the show goes off the air. In the years to come they could have a re-cast Chance Chancellor come to town and take it all from everyone to avenge his grandfather's murder.. Or even farther down the road, maybe a pissed off baby Dylan ( Mac's infant son) who was completely forgotten by Kay) laugh.png

• Members

It's not about the money for Jill it's about Chancellor and Kay left the company to Victor. She left Chancellor to Victor and her billions to Devon. I think she had dementia.

Maybe there's more to the music box story yet to come for Jill. I'd love to see Jill go up against Victor as long as Cane does't get too involved but they keep dropping hints that he wants to get back into the corporate world so he probably will.

• Members

Devon got SOME of Katherine's money (that was in her estate). Some went to others. As far as we know all the money currently tied up in Chancellor Industries is Victors. We aren't aware of any distribution of shares.

Exactly. Jill isn't upset about Devon's windfall. She probably see's him like she does, Brock, Mac and the others she cares about. Not that we will ever know that since she's never on, but she's never tried to take from Kay's blood relatives, she considers them family, even when she was at odds with Kay.

She wants Chancellor because she's an ambitious business woman. Of course Jill wants & likes money, but she wants to prove herself by building the business, just like she did at Jabot. She didn't have to work after marrying John, she wanted to. She has the same desires as Jack and Victor business wise.

• Members

As far as Chancellor goes whether you like it or not Devon & Nina have as much right to Chancellor as Jill "supposedly" does.

It's THEIR legacy as much as its hers (and if she views them as "people she cares about" then their participation in getting Chancellor away from Victor shouldn't be a problem).

And for all these sudden protestations of them needing "business experience" it wasn't like Jill graduated college with a business degree. She learned on the job (like most other Genoa City business people).

But keep trying to justify Jill's right to a company that Katherine very well COULD have left her in her will but DIDN'T.

Also? Devon got Katherine's money. laugh.png

• Members

I can see where Devon deserves money, but Nina is the unrelated mother of a rightful heir. The fact that she got a stipend from Katherine's will showed Katherine truly loved her. If anyone, Chance (BTW...Jill's grandson, not Kat's) should be the one more interested, as Philip was his grandfather...

Regardless, her heirs are old news, and while I'd love to see Nina back, dating Neil...She really has no business background to be involved in this particular story. I do wish Cast was here w/ a contract, but Ronan can stay gone and forgotten FOREVER...

Jeff Branson can go somewhere else for the ATM..He sucked enough life out of Y&R the last time he was around...

Archived