Days of Our Lives a boring mess…How would you fix it?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But why? Stefano has "died" at the hands of numerous foes and still came back. It's played out. I think it's more poignant if Stefano dies at the hand of an illness, which would make him human. He should also be surrounded by some of the people he's affected the most. There would be more dramatic affect in the long haul if Stefano died in the arms of his foes. Why kill him off in a "whodunnit?" That trope is played out and the ending is always crap with no repercussions.

• Members

I said killed OR die of age alone. I never said anything about a whodunnit. I was thinking more like a final standoff with John. But he should not die with people at his side who forgives him before he passes. He has done too much for that to be believable, and he does not deserve it.

• Members

Sorry but hell no to John being the one to finally 'off' Stefano. That'll give the people of Salem more of a reason to put that loser on a pedestal.

And I don't think that it's farfetched if he's surrounded by his enemies when he passes. Not if he makes amends before passing. It's very Greek tragedy for Stefano to go out with his foes watching him go.

• Members

I've been trying to tune in to this show more often lately and I've actually been liking it more. Of course, I'm a big fan of Melissa Archer and Kassie DePaiva from OL so this is probably why.

I never watched Melanie during her last run so I'm not sick of her....yet. I do like that they've upped the rivalry with Theresa and Melanie which is entertaining. I wish there was more cattiness on this show! Evidently, Serena and Nicole become the same which I am all for. This show lacks DRAMA that's why it is so boring. I never expect the characters to actually DO anything when they are in scenes until recently with Theresa/Melanie. There doesn't always have to be a fight but it should grab one's attention to think that there might be. tongue.png

I couldn't care less about the goings-on at DiMera Enterprises. Days should take a cue from B&B in regards to corporate drama. Does anything with DE actually happen at DE or is it always offscreen.? And with Chad the only DiMera in town, what's the point of this story?

As others have said, I'd get rid of Ben, Jordan, Clyde. I'm not a fan of Jen or Daniel so I'd dial them back greatly but not necessarily get rid of them.

I'd blow up the J.J/Eve thing as to get rid of Paige. She could transfer schools to get away from them. I'd also rather Wayne Northrop come back as Roman with no mention of why the change. tongue.png I'd keep John out of Marlena's orbit and probably Salem period.

I'd give Kayla more of a story and try to keep Kimberly around more often. I'd recast Bo with someone totally different that wants to be on the show as I think he's too important of a character to be off somewhere.

I'd do an umbrella story of Nicole writing a book about the Brady/Dimera feud and and nosing into people's past. Doesn't she work for a tv show or something? She could have scenes with Kayla talking about the past with Patch, Kimberly and her past with Tony, Roman, Chad, and even do scenes with getting Anna on record where she brings up Andre killing Renee while trying to be Tony and the old days. Each of these with flashbacks of old scenes. One of the last people she tracks down could be Peter and we find out where he has been and what he's been up to. He is intrigued by Nicole and follows her back to Salem. She gives out snippets on her show about dirt that is going to come out and then she starts getting threats/things happening to her to try and get her to stop. I'd make her suspect all of the Bradys and Dimeras because they don't like her anyway. Different episodes could be her thinking it's a particular person and lean that way until something else happens and she realizes it's someone else. I'd then have it turn out in the end to be Tony.

This story would use a lot of the vets.

I'd have patients at the hospital start to succumb to illnesses that they should not succumb to. The hospital realizes that it is connected and someone seems to be poisoning the patients to give the hospital a bad reputation, but who? People will think that it is Theresa trying to get payback on everyone at the hospital but it's not her. This will bring in Kayla, Jen, Daniel, Theresa, Melanie, Abigail, Ann (Theresa's annoying counterpart) as well as Hope, Roman, Abe with the investigation. The hospital board becomes up in arms with what is going on and suspicions will lead to Daniel and Melanie as the culprit only to find out that they have been set up by Vivian.

I'd continue Aiden/Hope/nuBo

Abigail/Chad/Melanie

Serena/Eric/Nicole

• Members

Yes, it's that time again!

Unfortunately, any plans implemented would not go into effect until September. Oy.

NBA, I'm *loving* your Death of Stefano plotline! And can I suggest, visually,... for all those flashbacks (and the same goes for the flashbacks for the 50th anniversary...) I hope when they air, they don't ZOOM IN on all those pre-HD flashbacks. If you watch the show in Hi-Def, then you know what I mean. I hate that.

I can't decide which is more annoying: DAYS zooming in on pre-HD flashbacks, or GH stretching out the pre-HD clips to fill the screen, but everyone is overweight with ginormous heads. I'd rather they air the flashbacks as they originally aired, and we can deal with the black emptiness on both sides of the screen. Anybody with me? haha smile.png

• Members

One current problem is that there are no "umbrella" story arcs. Maybe that isn't the correct term, as an umbrella story usually means it emcompasses many characters. But what I mean is, there's no overall story or goal that any characters/couples are working towards. Instead, it's these little mini storylines and mini bumps in the road for all these lame-ass relationships that are redundant and mostly uninteresting.

Paige/JJ have stupid fights.

Hope/Aiden? "Best New Couple," my ass! Zzz.

NuChad/Jordan. Oh. They're an official couple? Why?

Jennifer & Daniel, dear God, they're the worst. The final straw of their breakup was so flimsy and weak.

It's like there's no actual point to 80% of the storylines. There's gotta be high stakes, there's gotta be something to root for and anticipate. There's nothing to actually anticipate with any of these couplings, nor most of the others not mentioned.

• Members

Gray Bunny makes some valid points, which I'll incorporate in my thoughts...

Needless to say my version of Days would veer heavily into the past but would also incorporate new characters, but these "newbies" would be generated out of story with the old characters rather than just written in with no real connections.

The characters I would eliminate are Ben, Paige, Bev, Rory, Clyde, Anne and Aiden for now. I'd keep Serena and Paul because they can help drive story (and Paul would be a good Will/Sonny foil)

Daniel stays, and so does Melanie, just to piss some of you off. tongue.png (In all seriousness, I think these characters would benefit from another writing team. I have no problem with these two aside from needing to integrate the characters better into the canvas and give them the right amount of screen time with others.)

Assuming the writing change takes place in the spring/summer, I'd have a tornado come through Salem. Many of the sets would be damaged; that way, some sets could be junked and others redone. (I'm assuming NBC gives the show a significant amount of money to work with to try and get it off the dime and the ratings up.) The Horton Town Square would be damaged but renovated, and the Horton house would stand. This is kind of like when Search for Tomorrow did the Henderson flood and the lone building to stand was Jo and Stu's boarding house.

I wouldn't have Aiden working for the DiMeras because that plot's been done to death, but I would have him working for an organization the ISA was watching... and Aiden has Bo, Jack and Patch held captive under one roof. The three would come back to Salem, but an emotionally distraught Hope wouldn't necessarily take Bo back right away.

Belle would return, separate from Shawn (who would come back later)... it turns out Shawn was so upset about Hope moving on from Bo that it caused a schism in their own marriage. Maybe Shawn sailed back to Tinda Lao, and the one (Gabby) who was interested in Shawn could make a return appearance...

I'd also bring Philip back to assume the Kiriakis empire, and maybe Belle could assume Basic Black, putting the two working together. Belle/Philip, anyone? With Shawn thrown into the mix later on?

I'd find a new love interest for Daniel. Either that or address his dead wife. Maybe she comes back? I would also bring Sarah Horton back into the mix and have her resent Melanie for taking the "daughter role" in Maggie's life. I'd also undo the "egg baby" story a bit and make Neil Curtis Daniel's dad. Nathan would return for Melanie (and I would definitely have Pete Jannings revealed as Nathan's dad... what's Michael Leon up to these days?), but I would maintain the Mel/Brady friendship.

Speaking of that, friendships would be back. There would be scenes involving Marlena/Maggie, Hope/Jennifer, Serena/Melanie, Daniel/Brady, and others... just having a beer, working out, etc. Those are the scenes truly missing from Days.

This is a start. It's not perfect, I know. But it's something.

• Members

I don't think Hank Moody could liven up DOOL at the moment! But I like Sungrey's ideas about Bo/Hope/Patch/Jack/Aiden. I'd tune back in for those storylines. Bill, Peter, Stephen, Drake and Matthew were a big part of what has kept DOOL on the air, they should show some respect. I'd like to see Shawn D back too as long as it's JC and not some underwear model recast. They could have Belle in college somewhere getting her degree in psychology, following in her Mother's footsteps.

• Members

Huh? Whatever made you think I had a hard-on for Serena? blink.png

They did get Melissa Archer and I think with another writing team Serena could be something, that's all. Of course, Melissa's character could turn out to be another Jordan. I'd be willing to give the Serena story a go as a writer, but I do think maybe making her Sarah Horton would have been a better match of actress with character.

I would also send Eve out of town until Charlotte Ross was available, by the way. No disrespect to KDP, because I've always thought she was a good actress, but this isn't the right match.

• Members

Not sure my ideas will go over well, but it here goes

Serena would have been Sarah Horton if I was penning the show. Others have already said this, so I'm basically agreeing.

Bring on Justin's son with Anjelica. With the Kiriakis' having a presence on the canvas, a little more beefing up wouldn't hurt. His mother was a schemer, so perhaps he could take after her in that aspect and be a good foil for Chad, since there is a DiMera-Kiriakis rivalry of sorts. Plus, he's also Victor's grandson, so that makes the scheming possibilities even more interesting. The character hasn't actually been on screen if I'm correct, so there are possibilities.

• Members

I likre rebuilding the hortons with Laura & Bill

Then I would return Scotty Banning along with his Dad, david & find out he married Valerie (Debbi Morgan) . Maybe she is related to Maxine or Paige's pal Mary Beth.

I wouldnt drop Paige maybe recast her with Kelley Missal.. Have her flip her [!@#$%^&*] when she learns her mom screwed JJ. Maybe Paige gets together with Rory.

Id make Serena Diana's daughter with John named after her mom

Id make the Kirkias front & center too by returning Phillip & bringing in Alex and have them square off in business. Maybe Alex tries to take over Sonny's club

I would also return Wayne Northup as Roman and do a major police story

I would even recast Bo. Not with RKK but there are actors out there who could do this justice

i would also have Jennifer go back to the news game and maybe Will works with her or he goes to work with Nicole. Drop the SONIX crap.

Id make Paul Lucas Son and him & Will half brothers.

Id also make Julie's Grandson Scott the bio Dad of Rory who had an affair with his bio Mom, anne milbauer, who is really Annie Peters, daughter of Julie's foe, Susan. Anne & Scott started dating when Scott was in Med School. Julie found out & paid Annie off but then she found out she was Pregnant. She told Julie who when the baby was born had it switched with a dead baby. Thats why Anne hates the Hortons cause she thinks that if Julie hadnt cut her off from Scott their son would be alive. The truth about Rory comes out when Rory needs Blood for a medical emergency. Julie then gets the cold shoulder from both Scott & Doug for her actions.

Archived