Soap Operas: Best & Worst of 2014

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You took the words right out of my mouth. Ten was not enough.

IMO, 2014 was a horrible year for soaps in general. They were all bad and so were the characters.

However, Levi should've been #1. That character was just pure sh*t. I still don't know the actual purpose of him. Ian, who should've been #2, could've had potential had these writers did a modern day cult story featuring Summer, Fen, Mariah, Austin, Chloe (who was still on the show), and Sharon. I've always said that they should've made Ian come off as a life coach, who manipulated Summer, Sharon, Fen, and Chloe into his cult with Mariah and Austin as his minions. Y&R seriously missed the boat with that story.

Carter on B&B isn't that bad. I'd slap Hope and Liam on the list before him. Brad just needs to find something to do with Carter.

• Members

Give GH a pass? Three of its entries were GH and those three were very well deserved. The list had equal representation across all soaps except B&B. As many have pointed, there were too many crappy characters on all shows all year. A top 10 list could never include them all, but if they were going to pick 3 from each, I think they did good by their GH entries. Levi and Fluke? Most definitely. Id only have swapped Kiki for Heather (her early 2014 material ruined the show for me)

• Members

I agree with Spencer and Alexis [as I never got the hype for Alexis], but the other three could easily have great potential if in the right writer's hands.

I like Lucas and I don't mind Felix and Brad. My issue with them is that RC basically made that story smutty. Yes, we young gays can be overly [and overtly] sexual, but RC basically made them all whores and stereotypes (IMO). Brad was creepy. Felix was bitchy and emotional. Lucas was bleh. They had some good attributes about them, but they were overshadowed heavily by the bad. They weren't multidimensional. And Ron didn't give the audience a good reason to care for them. Felix was attached to Sabrina and Brad to Britt--two fellow newbies and that didn't help. By the time Ron tried to make us care for them [by having them interact & build relations with others], it was too late. Sucks because this could've been a good triangle, but after the Knots Landing obsession and Lucas wanting an orgy, I too was over it all.

Sean could be good but no writer since he came on has invested in him. I've always said that Sean is sadly a modern day slave to the people of PC. When he isn't feeding them, he's slaving to Sonny as his trusty sidekick. It bother me but I digress.

And Lucy has been made a joke. I cringe when she is onscreen. Sad because I wanted her with Scotty, and I wanted them to bring back her daughters [Kristina & Serena], but now I am glad that Ron has left them alone. I don't want them to be ruined so Kiki can be propped even further.

Archived