DOOL: Steven Olsen

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. The mother was never confirmed. I remember seeing Ginny written as the mother on soapcentral at one time, so I thought the same thing, but it was just someone fanfic-ing the facts. Also, Spencer was only mentioned by Julie in the early nineties. I've never seen the scenes where she mentioned Spencer, so is age his a question mark as well. A mid to late 80's birth would be most precise.

• Members

I will repeat my oft stated belief that Days should have brought Steve back to the canvas in 75 and had Richard Guthrie play him instead of David Banning being sorased.

Steve could have played all the stories that David had and Julie would not have had to aged up and made a grandmother in her mid 30's.

So his and Trish's son - now named Ben Olsen after his grandfather and Julie's son David(his older cousin) could have been used later on.

And Deidre Hall should have come on in 76 as Dr Sandy Horton and one of Days most enduring and recognisable characters would have continued the Horton legacy.

• Members

Bright Eyes is right that Spencer was mentioned by Julie during her early 1990s run. I don't think we can really pinpoint a birthdate though. I believe the Spencer mention implied he was a young adult or older and that he was a bit of a mischievous character. Someone online once said it was implied he'd be arriving in Salem soon, soon being at the time Julie mentioned him, but then the show switched writers.

Archived