The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All characters are segregated and move in their owm litte bubble. They all only interact with love interests and/or family. Winters are not unique in this. The issue with them, unlike white characters, is that they don't get enough airtime or care with SL and dialogue. That's the real issue. Example: Neil is touted as a lead and is nowhere near the top 10 is episode counts and airtime like his fellow male lead counterparts. Hilary and Devon, a couple that did take off, has been on no more than 1 time a week for the past 9 weeks. Y&R should be able to do better than this.

• Members

Didn't the music box have a clue in it that led to Jill discovering that Kay's chandelier in the parlor had jewels in it or some sh*t? I just remember Colin trying to switch the necklace for a fake one then my memory goes murky.

Poor Jess Walton. The most talented women on the show and they give her scraps. Jill should've been all up in Victoria/Billy/Stitch/Chelsea story. She should also be involved in the story at Jabot too. Jill needs to go back to her meddlesome, vixen ways again.

I want Jill Foster back. Not Jill Fenmore. She fu*king sucks.

• Members

Thanks GMac.smile.png I thought maybe a bit kooky having an all purpose serum that can correct any flaw on the skin regardless of texture, tone or problem but then I thought, hey, it's a soap, it's allowed!laugh.png

Then I got kind of carried away and thought Ashley could name the serum Flawless (or something like that) and of course, Phyllis who got pushed into the Fashion Division wants back in when she hears about it and Ashley wants Phyllis to have no part of it even though Phyllis tries to convince Ashley that she was the force behind Scarlet Mist and could do the same for Flawless being that she thinks she is pretty flawless too. Jack, of course is stuck in the middle.

Too bad Jill isn't at Jabot and running the Men's Division- this could've been a Unisex product and some cross promotion done (Mason could've been model for this) and there would be an honest to goodness power struggle between Ashley, Jill and Phyllis with Jack completely in the middle.

You know, under the right circumstances, this could have been a decent umbrella story. Throw in Lauren and the boutique, Chelsea doing a Flawless inspired Fashion Line. Victor trying to find out the chemical components so that NC can market their own version (of course, NC will make the mistake of using chemicals that will get it put on the Environmental Working Group's blacklist, while Ashley's product gets a recommendation from the EWG for using 75 % organic ingredientstongue.png )

Someone stop me, I'm getting way too carried away!ohmy.png

• Members

Who is Sage and what is her connection to Adam? I almost didnt recognize La Grand Dame Sullivan with her new hair.

Why did Adam get plastic surgery and why is he hiding from everyone? Is it bc of Delia's death? Was he a wanted man before "death"?

Nice to see Ashley in the lab and in chemistry mode

Nick is being an ass. Team Sharon all the way here. BTW, who is the actor playing the lawyer and where do I know him from? Was he on Sex and the City?

Do Jack and Summer have anything to do with each other now that the truth is out?

Why did Victoria name her baby Katherine? Was she close to the original? I dont like that she did this

• Members

Sage is Constance's caregiver and apparently knew Gabriel, Constance's grandson. There's some backstory there that hasn't been told, but she helped Adam get a reconstructive surgeon to give him Gabriel's face, but yes because of his involvement with Delia's death. Constance thinks Adam is her grandson Gabriel Bingham. Sage has been coaching Adam to behave and act like him.

I haven't seen Summer with Jack since the truth about her paternity came out.

I'm sure I've missed some details as I've only started watching regularly again...

• Members

When Victoria announced that the baby was named after Kay, it seemed more like a gift to her mom who was very close with her. Nikki was over the moon. I didn't care much for the decision either, everybody is named after somebody on soaps... and I say that as someone who is named after someone.

• Members

Summer has expressed an interest in keeping a relationship with Jack. Both Nick and Phyllis have encouraged her to do so. I believe Jack has expressed the same wish, but I can't really remember who he was talking to.

Katherine was Victoria's godmother. She took Katie to Katherine's memorial park the other day and told her all about Katherine. I don't really love the name either, but oh well.

• Members

Thanks for the response, but who the heck are Constance and Gabriel....lol

I will feel however I damn well choose to feel. Sick of it? Well you can go do yourself a favor, build a bridge and get over it. I will continue to post about my thoughts whenever I randomly happen to watch an episode.

thanks. I did not know that

• Members

:-)

Constance (Sally Kellerman!) lives in/owns the house where Adam was convalescing after his surgery, Gabrial Bingham was/is her grandson. Since Adam now has his face, Constance thinks that he's Gabriel. She's handicapped, wheelchair bound and Sage is her caregiver. Apparently the house/estate is some distance from GC, off in the woods somewhere...

I don't think this has been explained completely yet, but the real Gabriel is presumably dead, after having helped Adam escape the accident that disfigured him.

I hope that helps. Everyone, if I've missed anything, please feel free to fill in the details.

Archived