The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA about GT. I am not sure why she is affecting this abrasive, aggressive demeanor in EVERY scene. I don't mind when it is called for but she can tone it down when it isn't needed. She even had it in her scenes with Devon and Hilary in Jack's office. I still think she is doing a wonderful job and looks amazing onscreen. I was a little skeptical about the haircut at first but it works!

• Members

I'm convinced Phyllis is not quite right. If I were Kelly or Jack I would be very afraid right now. Jack needs to get a backbone and tell Phyllis the truth before she does something really nuts. I'm not even sure Phyllis wants Jack anymore. She basically told Michael she feels Jack was cheating on her. unsure.png

• Members

I have been watching the last few months and I have to say I'm very confused as to why Pratt is being brought in to hack shid up now, the show has been on point since Phyllis' return. JFP is about to play herself out and she doesn't even realize it. The fact that she pushed for him over Kay Alden and CBS and Sony went along with it is absolutely shameful. Even Guza would have been a better choice or shid his wife who was actually Bell trained and worked on the show previously. Whats done is done though so whatever.

Gina Tognoni is one of the best recasts I've seen in years. She's taken this role and really put her stamp on it in a way I wasn't expecting, even after she did the same at Guiding Light. I bet the Stafford is at GH seething. I enjoyed her outing and getting revenge on Sharon and I'm loving her torturing Kelly (Cady is so terribly miscast and they should cut their loss already) and guilt tripping Jack. He is an !@#$%^&*] for stringing both ladies along and they need to stop trying to write him as some young stud and put the old geezer out to pasture already, same with Neil.

I H.A.T.E what they've done to Hilary and Devon. They've taken away all her bite and having her be married to Neil while having an affair with his son has just soured her character and their potential as a couple. The story that should have been told was her getting with Jack instead. I still enjoy their scene and I'm still rooting for them, but I understand why the rest of the viewers wouldn't, which was probably the plan anyway.

I really enjoyed the few months of Sharon and Nick being happy so I hope this break up and custody battle isn't drawn out for too long, although I agree with who ever suggested Sharon and Dylan could be an interesting pair. I just don't want to have to sit through them trying to find another new love for Nick, if him and fauxFake Coward from GH are being chem tested they need to nip that in the bud ASAP, cause no one has time for it or her once this current Adam story ends.

Speaking of Adam, Justin Hartley is another good recast. First time since Chris Engen that the character is sympathetic and likable even after all of the nasty crap he's done.

I'm so happy this Snoretoria WTD story is over. I wanted Stitch to be the father because I actually like him with Vicki, and Billy with Chelsea but I'm not surprised at the turn out. Its just annoying because the second Billy enters Vick's orbit he turns into this petulant child. I hope Chelsea schemes and puts up a fight because thats when MCE is at her best.

I'm really enjoying Mariah and the little feud with her and Summer. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Kyle potentially coming back. They need to move Kevin's tired ass out of that orbit and maybe put Fen in instead. I'm hoping this Michael cancer story ends in his death and Kevin being so distraught he leaves town, the Baldwin/Fisher gays brothers need to be bounced already. Have Lauren find someone new and maybe bring Scotty back too so Abby has something and someone to do because having her just running about town stuffing her foot in her mouth is getting old.

Dylan/Avery/Joe = yawn. Steve Burton is being consistently outshone here.

I love Jill but Collin is such a waste of time and she should be going after Chancellor instead of chasing his con ass in the little airtime she does get. Victor needs a good business battle anyway instead of just meddling in his kids lives. And I'm guessing Nikki's drinking story is over? I liked her little stuff with Maureen but after the exhausting son search, and Ian cult story that went nowhere I hope they break her for awhile.

All in all I think the show still has problem but its in a decent place right now but with you know who coming soon I'm just enjoying the short ride while it lasts.

• Members

Great post detroitpiston. I agree with all your main points exept for the Shick part, they bore me to tears when they're together. It'll be interesting to see how JH Adam interacts with Sharon. He might be the kind of guy who has chemistry with a wide range of actresses because he's so smoking hot and can act.

It's been so long since the show's been this good on a consistent basis, like ten years as far as I'm concerned. Not sure who this new person is but I hope he doesn't feel the need to do big splashy craptastic storylines that suck and ruin characters who are just now getting back on track.

• Members

Today's show was fantastic. Pratt is not needed at all. What Jean P and Shelley are writing is incredibly rich smart psychological writing. The show isn't campy at all like it was under MAB. The scenes with Gina and Christian were fantastic. What great writing and again psychological soap writing galore. The scenes with Jack and Kelly were great as I feel Kelly is very fragile and going to break. Cady is coming into her own in this role. I would love to see Kelly turn the tables on this wedding. Again today's show proved Pratt is not freaking needed as Jean and Shelley are hitting their stride in writing and ratings. They are the best writing team since Jack Smith.

• Members

I agree with all of this. Every last thing in it.

Scotty would be a great pairing for Abby.

I think that TPTB have finally realized the mistake in the story for Hilary and Devon. They might be trying to start over with Devon and this new girl, Gwen. One or the other will definitely go crazy by Nov sweeps 2015 to make the other more rootable. At this point, it is anyone's guess which. Hilary and Devon do have fans but, like you, I think alot of viewers are soured on Hilary and her romance with Devon. Not at all sure it is salvageable or if TPTB would even care to save them.

Fishers/Baldwins have outlived their use and I see no point of having them around. Lauren can be a single businesswoman who dates around and have her two sons working for her.

If Sharon can't make Dylan then he can't be made.Right now, Dylan just isn't the beloved character that JFP wants him to be.

• Members

I know Gwen's primary function right now is as Devon's pretend girlfriend but I hope they don't make the same mistake that they made with Hillary by sticking her with someone right away. When the secret is out and Hillary and Devon are discovered, even before that, TPTB should have Gwen interact with others in her age group, to see who she clicks with, not just romantically either-- there are lots of different types of chemistry.

It is kind of fun to see Mariah and Summer continually rub each other the wrong way but I would like to see the writers take the next step in their dynamic. I thought it might be Mariah deflowering Fen but if the speculation about that new Casting Call pans turns out to be true, I think I can see what that next level might turn out to be.

Phyllis definitely needs someone to keep her from riding too high for too long. I was all set to see Kelly leave but if she turns venomous and becomes a thorn in Phyllis' side there may be use for her yet, at least for awhile. She can play the Diane to Phyllis. Not the Maura West variety, the Alex Donnelly or Susan Walters brand of Diane.

Archived