TV sitcom moms

BKuzak

• Members

I was just thinking and making lists of all the sitcom mom's through history. from Harriet Nelson of The Nelsons to Cristy from the current sitcom Mom. I thought about Lauri Metcalf from the new show the Mcarthy's but I don't even know how long that's going to last. At least Mom's in it's second season.

You think of those early housewives who stayed at home and cooked while the husbands went off to work. Then Elise Keaton who worked a full time job and also had three (later four) kids to raise with her husband. Then there was Alice from Mel's diner who was a single mother working as a waitress.

Then i thought about Mom's who weren't really mom's but in a big way were. LIke Edna Garret from Facts of life. She wasn't techinally the mother of the girls but she was more of a mother to them than their own mother's who were out doing whatever while their kids were in the boarding school. And the Nanny Fran who wasn't really their mother until i think she might have adopted them in the final season but she was their mother in every way that mattered for all the other seasons.

Then there's Peggy Bundy who i don't even consider being a mother. She rarely even tried being a mother to her kids. Very rarely she would give advice to Kelly about getting men but that was it.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived