Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There are two things you absolutely do not do to your child under any circumstances. One is beat them with a scalding hot iron (looking at you, Linella Gordon). The other is drag them to a place like the Playboy mansion.

• Members

Pill Cosby, Woody Allen, Roman Polansky...and they wonder why more women don't 'Lean In' to get ahead our respective fields. We're too busy trying to protect ourselves. Let's face it, most women can't go out with a V.I.P. to the steakhouse and knock back whiskeys to curry favor like other guys do.

Does that empty chair make anyone else feel really sad? Not only does it remind me of the woman/women who feel they cannot come forward but it reminds me that there are other predators in the industry whose identities are still being shielded from exposure.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It can definitely be both.  I never thought of the victims that may have passed away but given the span of ages and Cosby's prolific predatory history, that's entirely possible.  That makes me even sadder.  :(

What this industry (and probably many others) does not want to admit that there is a culture of casual acceptance on much older men pursuing, and sometimes preying on younger women who are often looking for advice, mentor-ship, access to opportunities within the industry.  There were a few times when I encountered a few at some events and because I'm naturally suspicious I blocked efforts quickly or was fortunate to discover what the person was after while meeting him in a public place but in none of those incidents involved someone of Cosby's magnitude and if I were a more open person...there but for the grace of God, you know?

• Members

Quoted: When she saw him again on another flight a year later, he allegedly asked if she was going to report him. “You are Bill Cosby,” she said she told him. “Who’s going to believe me?”

Not that I don't believe her, but something about this exchange just doesn't feel right to me.

• 2 weeks later...