Bill Cosby

• Members

Now it's said he molested a 15 year old girl in 1974

Bill Cosby loses latest legal bid to block sexual abuse lawsuit

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/23/us-people-cosby-idUSKCN0PW2KM20150723

Bill Cosby lost his latest bid to fend off a lawsuit accusing him of sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles in 1974, as the California Supreme Court on Wednesday denied the comedian's petition to review the case

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Whoopi once again the voice of reason. I love how she says how his shows should not be pulled, because that damages the other actors ability to make a living, keeps them from getting residuals, etc. I mean, someone like Tempestt Bledsoe is not working right now, she probably needs her residuals.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Keep them from getting residuals? As many times as episodes of "The Cosby Show" have been run over the years (...and rerun...and re-rerun...), they are better off at this point investing in metal detectors and searching for lost change at the beach.

• Members

From what I know about residuals, the pay is based on a sliding scale that declines in value the longer and more frequent that the show runs. I've heard of some actors living off them, and I've heard of others only get a few cents every now and then. Whatever residuals anyone from this show were getting are probably way down to cents.

• Members

From what I understand, it depends on the year your show was shot, what your contract was.. after a certain point, all actors got minimum residuals because that was part of the SAG and AFTRA regulations. Michele Lee said that she doesn't get a lot... she gets "minimum residuals", but she said that was fine with her, as she got GOOD money up front. It says right there that SAG and AFTRA process 1.5 million residuals each year, that's a LOT of accounting and paper... I don't see them doing that if all the checks are for pennies.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Of course not all of the checks are for pennies, some are for decent amounts and a lot of the bigger checks go to actors who had a hand in producing or creating a show, which is all about contract. Regardless, union jobs require residuals and even a check for one cent has to be sent out. Lisa Whelchel from the Facts of Life has posted about receiving some very small residual checks and that show most certainly has not been rerun as much as the Cosby Show. The notion that actors live off of residuals is inflated at best (there are some actors who have been able to do so, though, but it isn't many).

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

Tatum O'Neal told a story in her first book, A Paper Life, about how her father took her to the Playboy Mansion when she was 12, and how bored she was there--she said she would "watch movies, eat candy, and play video games" while her dad interacted with everyone else. She did say she met Melanie Griffith--who was briefly involved with Ryan--for the first time there, though.

She made it very clear though that her dad dragged her along (and of course, duh, she was a Hollywood kid--and he has proven many times that he is a HORRENDOUS father), and that the mansion, in her words, "wasn't exactly a place where teenagers hung out", so...I don't know.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA