Bill Cosby

• Members

Not that this has anything at all to do with what you're talking about, AMS, but I wouldn't have gone near any DVD's of TCS even BEFORE all this happened for the simple reason that, after S1, the writing was so bad (IMO). But now...? Now, it just goes deeper than that. Now, it's like, "this girl who played Vanessa's fast-talking friend -- did he rape her, too, or was she not old enough? And dear God, if he ever tried anything with Clarice Taylor, I really don't wanna know!"

Edited by Khan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I honestly cannot watch "The Cosby Show" anymore, not even some of my favorite episodes. It will probably never be on television in reruns again and that limits new generations from discovering it. While the internet rules, television still has it's power and young people do still discover old shows through reruns.

• Members

I faithfully watched Cosby Show reruns when I was in like the 5th grade (and even then it was only the first three or four seasons), but it was always too damn bougie for us bayouside Louisianians. It's just not my thing, and I always felt like Sanford and Son (and to a lesser extent, Good Times) better represented the people I grew up around. I definitely won't miss the reruns.

BounceTV was airing Fat Albert pretty regularly. I wonder if they still are.

• Members

TBH, "Roseanne" and "One Day at a Time" represented me and my family better than ANY shows centered around African-Americans. Not that I didn't enjoy watching "Sanford," "Good Times," TCS and the rest. As I've said, I looked up to Cos and his beliefs in family, in education, in mutual tolerance and respect, and so forth. But even though I am AA and I knew as a child these shows were specifically for and about "my people," I still felt as if I was looking in on something I otherwise wouldn't have been privy to.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I watched TCS reruns very briefly when I was a kid, and while I was never a huge fan of it, I've always LOVED the opening credits, especially the one from seasons 6 and 7 (the one with the "best elevator music" quote). But I can't bring myself to watch any of them of YouTube now (I'm the kind of person who watches TV openings on YT because it's fun).

And talk about making history look very different, considering just how essential TCS was/is to 80's TV, not to mention the fact that it was THE show that made NBC a successful network again after coming apart so badly in the late 70's/early 80's.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Cosby is now demanding sanctions against one of his victims and claiming that he was smeared. SMDH.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/07/22/bill-cosby-asks-court-to-punish-accuser-for-smear/21212396/

At this point, I think Cosby's lawyers are just using him for a paycheck.

Cosby: "File a complaint!"

Lawyer: "Sure, sir. Just as soon as I get done buying this Tesla online."

• Members

The problem is that this is all coming from Cosby's inability to accept reality. I doubt the lawyers are suggesting this. Even if they believe in the man, few lawyers want to deal with such a clusterfuck of a case. Nobody becomes an entertainment lawyer because they want to defend rapists. Cosby needs attorneys who specialize in this kind of case, not ones whose days are spent hammering out endorsement contracts. Plus, most of his lawyers have probably been with him for years, even decades.