Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There's a big difference between what some of these women have been saying for years and what someone whips up on the Internet. It was a parody website, so essentially something designed for trash clickbait.

I remember reading somewhere years ago that it didn't do as well in syndication as it was expected to do...I'm not sure if that's true now though.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I can't help but wonder how different public reaction might be if a man came forward, an old buddy who said, "Bill was famous for doing this." Of course his "motives" would be questioned, but I think a lot of doubters would reconsider.

One hopes a man wouldn't do such things, one hopes several women wouldn't lie. But at heart, we hope the man is telling the truth because it's fundamentally worse to be a serial rapist than a liar. Just sad all around.

• Members

A FB friend shared this awkward exchange (if you can even call it that) the other day:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/15/364297097/in-npr-interview-bill-cosby-declines-to-discuss-assault-allegations?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2040

My local FOX news keeps airing a segment from today's Wendy Williams Show where she recalls a twenty four year old incident from her radio days. She brought up an Enquirer interview of one of Cosby's accusers in a "hot topics"-type segment and Cosby got word and promptly called the station. Wendy's GM came at her "like a furious pitbull" and they stood in his office as Cosby on speakerphone, "(Called Wendy) everything but a child of God", says Wendy.

• Members

Decades ago, the character actor Reggie Nalder worked with Cosby twice. He stated that he hated working with Cosby and called him "rude, arrogant, untalented and a pig." I wonder what he saw or was on the receiving end of, especially to use the word "pig", which I don't think is a word men tend to call each other, it's more a name women use about men.

Part of a 1989 interview with Reggie that was published posthumously:

You played the title character in The Devil and Max Devlin (1981) with Bill Cosby.

Yes, I played the Devil. I went out to the Disney studio and read for that one. Once again I had few lines to say. I hated working with Bill Cosby. He is a pig. I first met him in Rome where I did an episode of I Spy. Bill Cosby is rude, arrogant and very untalented. He walked right by me on the set as if I were a piece of furniture. I tried to be polite but he made it impossible. I have rarely ever worked with someone like him before or since.

Edited by applcin

• Members

Anytime you attack someone whose made an allegation of rape about their choice of plastic surgeon, it really undermines whatever credibility you might have been clinging to. You're slut shaming her and that isn't right.

And not for nothing, but her plastic surgeon, the late Dr. Frank Ryan, was a wonderful person and someone I really liked and admired.

Janice has had a lot of therapy. A lot. And she's been through the mill. After a while, a lot of people don't feel that disturbed about what's happened to them, they've learned to cope.

As Julie Chen said on The Talk, when Janice mentioned "a patchwork robe" something about the look on her face and the way she said it and that specific detail, it struck me as authentic.

And just because Janice has had a lot of affairs and done a lot of drugs doesn't mean she wasn't sexually assaulted. That attitude is slut shaming.