Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's because he didn't admit to drugging women without their knowledge, he admitted to getting quaaludes so him and assorted women can get high and screw.

So apparently he's a druggie and a adulterer, just like 80 percent of the rest of the entertainment industry. Big deal. It doesn't surprise me. And I don't think the Michael Vick thing is any different, really.. stray dogs are shot every day in rural america, it's the only way to deal with people dumping strays (Unless you want to keep the thing)

• Members

She also made some weird comment about how everyone took 'ludes in the '80s. I wonder if she thinks all these women partied down and can't admit it.

She has a lot of issues and she's a great example of how harmful The View has often been to society.

• Members

I used to love Whoopi Goldberg back when she actually did comedy. Her one-woman special on HBO was a bit of comedy genius. But she's never let herself recover from that mess with Ted Danson in blackface and it colors everything for her now. It's sad.

• Members

That, and the Weight Watchers firing. She alludes to it in that clip, i.e., "an entire party" (Republican) vilifying her (over the obvious and unoriginal Bush/"bush" joke she made). WW was lame to fire her over that, and the sting of it still seems palpable these years later.

Today I caught the first few minutes of The Talk. They were discussing the raid on Subway Jared's home and Aisha chimed in about us not knowing all of the facts prompting Sharon O. to shout, "You sound like Whoopi!" Sharon can get on my nerves but I rather enjoyed that.

• Members

What happened with Weight Watchers? I'll be honest, I haven't paid much attention to Whoopi since her Star Trek days and the only time I ever give The View my attention is when I'm at the mechanic's and the show is playing in the customer waiting area.

• Members

Cosby waxed poetic about Spanish Fly on that late night show (forgetting which one, the clip was posted earlier in this thread). He's admitted to buying quaaludes in prep for sex. He's obviously a fan of pills as sexual accoutrement. I don't see why people can't fathom that he might enjoy implementing them consensually or non-consensually given the circumstance.

I worked on a play years ago where drug use was a central element. We had a married couple come in, former addicts who'd done it all, to offer their expertise. They both agreed that if they could still get their hands on 'ludes, they'd probably still be using today. The effects were that powerful, the experience that mind-blowing. One can only imagine what these pills did to the uninitiated who were slipped them in alcohol. Well, actually, one can imagine if we read these many accounts.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I was always a fan - I even watched her sitcom quite a bit. It seems like she's got this idea that she needs to constantly defend the worst of stars she sees as somehow being unfairly accused. This is the fourth or fifth time and I can't have any respect for someone who constantly takes the side of the rich over their victims.