November 3-7, 2014: Great Week for GH/Y&R/B&B

Toups

• Members

Agreed. This cast deserves so much better than it's getting right now. I know I've said it 500 times on here, but what this show needs is a clean sweep from top to bottom. Out with the new and in with the old.

If NBC did that (and I know there are no guarantees) maybe longtime viewers like myself and others would return. But Tomlin thinks we're [!@#$%^&*] anyway, so why bother.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly DAYS is heading into their 50th year and it deserves better writers. Tomlin and Whitesell have been at the helm 2 and half years as has Lisa DeCazotte as co exec for almost 3. They have had a run but so far the show is dull with too many new actors and it's filmed way too ahead I know it's too keep budget down but then u can't change anything if it's not working. Even Lorraine Broderick and Richard Culliton as co head writers would be good.

• Members

I believe the production schedule is far more too blame than anything else. Unlike other shows (take Y&R/B&B), if a story is unexpectedly resonating with the audience, they can quickly adjust and bring that story forward in pretty short order by picking it back up in just a few weeks (same goes for bad stories - can wrap up, adjust or move on). DAYS does not have that option at all - by the time stuff airs - it's too late to adjust. In fact, in some cases, the actors have already been let go, etc. They are guessing what the audience works and right now, they are so off. It's a shame, really.

• Members

Again what DAYS are exciting writers that want to do things well. Core characters the audience wants to see. Sami and Kristen are huge losses for the show.I would hope SONY and Steve Kent step in and really shake up the show. I think they are nervous a repeat of 2011 will happen.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived