GH: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think LW is racist. If she did pump the brakes on it (and I hope she didn't) I think it was LW looking out for LW. She is very shrewd and may have known the pairing would likely backburner her due to daytime's utter inability to deal with black leads. That being said, I don't care; I'd still like to see it, although Shawn has become a total clown in years since.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamey needs to have several seats.

Loved loved loved Michael having no time for Kiki. LMAO. I love it. But eh, this attitude, while nice, will grate after a while. I'm fine with it towards Sonny and Carly and them to a degree but it's already ehhhh ... although he can call Kaka stupid all day long for all I care. I loved it.

Carly all sad and crying to Sonny and him all 'noble' .... yuck. Carly going on and on about not getting with Franco and how they wouldn't be in this position. She is STILL harping on this. Carly would never admit she was a moron for being with him and she brought this all on herself. She knew who she was going to be with and who he could be so I feel zero empathy for her. Josslyn who? Bitch please. Joss can take care of herself. You didn't seem to care as she objected to the man.

I'm also tired of seeing Julian continue to be made out to be the hero. How Anna is shown as 'bothering him' and how of course he's usually telling the truth even if people believe he's lying. Like the Luke thing. To be fair, he isn't working for Luke Spencer. So he's not really lying. It's just typical Ron writing.

And slick summed up why Ron's writing is a mess. Ava is the perfect example.

Speaking of Ava (and the point of Silas harboring Ava? Obviously so Nina can go more nuts over it. How predictable). Howevever, Maura and Jackie Zeman both looked GREAT today, IMO. I'm almost shocked at how much and how well Bobbie is being used. I will give him credit for bringing her back and FINALLY using her regularly. She is where she should be and I better see it continue. So did anyone not see that slap Bobbie gave Scott lead to a "breakup"? Please. They were a couple on screen this year for all of five minutes. Are we going to have Scott chase Lucy again? See how things never change and always go right back to where we were before? Although that's more of an overall soap trend but Ron does it "well".

Yuck at crazy and crazier being on tomorrow. So over them. Was never into them to begin with, though Nina in her first week or two had at least SOME potential. It went to hell because Ron wants to giggle and grin and write his fanboy fantasy of Roger and Michelle hamming it up to the cameras.

And that interview? I would never call Maxie a hero or a heroine. Not that she's a villain either but she was hardly a saint, although in Ron's world, she's been 'punished' (baby Georgie taken away) so now she can be a hero. I mean, I like Nathan and Dante and I guess yes, they are heroes, but lord they're so boring. At least Dominic can make me feel a bit for Dante and I would actually be sorry to see him leave. I can't remember but was Lulu in that first part of the interview with Liz, etc. as a "hero"? If not, lol at how everyone forgets about her. Emme Rylan has made Lulu totally forgettable and the writing is terrible. Lulu could really be anybody. And the fact that Laura doesn't even exist as a character while Lulu goes through all of her crap does her storylines no favors. At least Guza threw her in a coma.

• Members

I'm just pissed we have to sit through more of this Luke crap. I actually get what he's saying about 'giving us story' (lmao though) but really? It's time to wrap this baby up and move on. I know it stalled because of Tony, but let's be real. I have a feeling it still would have dragged and we'd still be in about the same place in the same time frame. JMO. Ron frequently saying "we had to take a pause". Yeah because you have six thousand characters to write for. The storylines, IMO wouldn't be any different if Teresa or Tony didn't take time off.

And "shake up Duke and Anna". Ummmm ... how about actually having them be onscreen as a couple more than once or twice? You could have tried, you know, actually writing for them.

Jamey again needs to have several seats. I can't with his overpraise of the kidlets and their horrid screen time. I only like Josslyn and to a lesser degree Cameron. Although I didn't actually HATE Spencer the other day for a change. He was a tiny bit better written and a bit less awful.

• Members

GH is actually more watchable than it was in say the summer, around June, but I agree. Nothing is must see. I appreciate them actually taking some time to play out beats and use some characters better (did Ronnie get some notes on that?) and the balance is a tiny tiny tiny bit better, but yeah ...

And eh to Hugo Napier and Larry. I was OK with him initially and said I'd rather have him than dead weight Geary but they truly are just about the same. Lord. Although I sort of can appreciate him bringing on Larry Ashton. I for one never thought I'd see him on the current GH.

And even though there are a lot of faults, the one thing I give Ron credit for is going into each of the shows past and using them and bring back past favorites. Yes the writing sucks but I still can appreciate that. And I do. I'm not "grateful" I see them in cameos, but I do appreciate they were brought back and are where they should be. It also shows what can be done if a show rips away nearly every vet they have. Days could actually take a lesson on bringing back past characters. (Except where the writing is concerned, though to be fair I'm watching GH and not watching "my" show Days). The problem with the returns on DAYS is that they don't make the audience care about them. Why should audiences care about Steve and Kayla coming back after 15 years?

• Members

When they had their scenes the other day at Kelly's I was like WTF?? What a boring mess!! The only one that does have true talent is the actress who plays Carly's daughter. The actor who plays Cameron is blah at best but he doesn't annoy me.

The WORST is the actor who plays Spencer…the actor sucks big time..he is an awful annoying actor…I thought maybe at first it was the way Valentini wanted him to play the role but its not…the actor needs to be recast. The whole whining about Uncle Sonny going to jail was pure s hit and annoying…ugh…

When they had their scenes the other day at Kelly's I was like WTF?? What a boring mess!! The only one that does have true talent is the actress who plays Carly's daughter. The actor who plays Cameron is blah at best but he doesn't annoy me.

The WORST is the actor who plays Spencer…the actor sucks big time..he is an awful annoying actor…I thought maybe at first it was the way Valentini wanted him to play the role but its not…the actor needs to be recast. The whole whining about Uncle Sonny going to jail was pure s hit and annoying…ugh…

Hahahaha…you should see his posts on Twitter when commenting on a soap while it is on the TV airwaves….man does he suck…and he is not even professional when talking about the story lines on Twitter

• Members

What is Ava's future looking like on the show, because today I got the hunch that she'd be offed in under a year. I think she stole Kiki from Nina so now they're "even Steven", but Nina will be justified and Ava will be further villainized on top of the AJ mess and she'll end up catching a bullet from some inconsequential character like Rosalie in order to keep the leads' hands clean.

• Members

I've felt that way almost from the start of her run, especially after we saw Connie slowly bleed out. That was brutal and I would feel that way if it had been a random day player. Still, I like Maura West and given how many criminals are on this show right now, I don't feel she's necessarily going anywhere at this point.

• Members
Yes! I saw that on Twitter. Oh my. I admit a few things were kinda funny but once he got to Ron's interview it was as if the lips were firmly planted again.

And yes again to the kidlets. Ugh. Spencer whining about Sonny was annoying as !@#$%^&*]. But to be fair, he probably doesn't see him as a killer mobster either, so ... I get it, but he's still annoying. I think the kid could have potential but no one is bothering to harness it. He's told he's cute and that his acting is amazing but it's not. Sorry.

• Members

We talk a lot of [!@#$%^&*] about Shawn and Jordan and their characters and stories on this board and others, much of it deserved. But I always liked Sean Blakemore, I know how excellent Tequan Richmond is, and it is shameful that with the great performances they put out today (particularly Blakemore, who surprised me) that they all get relegated to "the Black Hour" on every second or third mid-week show. They deserve better. I am still all for putting Jordan back in the mix with Julian and Shawn back in Carly's orbit.

Archived