5 Soap Actors Of All Time That Drove You Up The Wall

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are my picks - though I may be in the minority for a couple of these:

In no particular order:

1. Austin Peck (when he was on DAYS, never saw him on ATWT or OLTL.)

2. Maurice Benard (over the years, he's had his moments - but that's all cancelled out by his stuttering/yelling and smashing glassware.)

3. Tony Geary (when he just gave up and started phoning in his performances, and playing Luke as a family-hating drunk.)

4. Sarah Brown (as Carly, I liked Tamara Braun a lot better. I had stopped watching by the time JB and then LW took over.)

5. Amber Tamblyn (she was so whiny and bratty as Emily. I liked NL's characterization a lot better. OK, you can start throwing tomatoes at me. LOL)

• Members

Aww, I adore Martsolf. The guy is so talented and versatile: he can sing, dance, be funny, do a little drama...he should be in musicals. I love his voice and he easily has one of the best voices in daytime I think with the way it carries and resonates. And he is incredibly handsome and doesn't mind flaunting it.

• Members

I remember watching Y&R in the early to mid 90s and wondering what the big deal about him was. Later when I started watching clips of him as Cliff on AMC, I couldn't bring myself to like Cliff because Peter annoyed me.

Kim Zimmer - I admittedly didn't watch her on GL, but she annoyed me greatly on Santa Barbara and I couldn't figure out why she was so beloved in the soap press.

Ronn Moss - I tried to get into B&B a few times over the years and found myself rolling my eyes every time he came on screen.

Cady McClain - I've not watched her on ATWT or Y&R, but I loathed Dixie and never could find much I liked about the character. She was just nails on a chalkboard to me. Toward the end of AMC on both ABC and PP, I ventured over to Cady's blog and rolled my eyes a lot reading her self-important rants. I watched a few of her YouTube videos and cringed the whole time. I've not read her book, so maybe I'm missing a large part of her appeal or something, but she just annoys me.

• Members

Yvonne Perry....UGH !!! I couldn't stand her either. I remember she wasn't even on the show a year when she started winning awards. Rosanna had to be one of the most insipid characters in daytime history.

If I could add a sixth to my list, it would be Kristoff St.John. I never liked him and Neil drives me crazy with stupid boring storylines. Why he's still on the show is a mystery to me.

• Members

Ronn Moss, Mark Derwin, Shawn Christian, Melissa Reeves, Billy Miller, Michelle Stafford (I either can't stand her or I enjoy her OTT self a little TOO much!), Maurice Bernard, Thorsten Kaye, Kristen Alderson, Bree Williamson, etc. all belong in this thread.

Eric Martsolf always seemed too smarmy and smug onscreen but I admit it kinda makes him even more gorgeous than he already is. smile.png He was always that way on Passions (especially when Ethan got all jealous and competitive with Theresa/Jared) and it's the same on Days but he does it well. Same with William DeVry as Julian on GH.

It's soooo hard to choose five! I'll go with five that haven't been mentioned once here.

1. Philece Sampler - Everything about her was TERRIBLE! She truly has the most annoying voice I have ever heard.

2. Brian Gaskill

3. Michael Muhney

4. Josh Taylor

5. Robert Kelker Kelly

If I could add a 6th, it'd be Marc Samuel. Or Kelly Sullivan. Or Lisa Rinna. Who knows?! Khourtney Kardashian (her appearance on OLTL was abysmal), Ken Kenitzer, Hunter Garner, etc. automatically come to mind but they were barely on their soaps so I don't count them.

• Members

Wait - I only posted four. I get one more!

Lindsay Hartley - I cringed every time she came on screen during Passions. I knew she was supposed to be the underdog in the story, but Theresa was SO whiny and over the top ridiculous with her Ethan obsession that it was just painful to watch. It got to the point that I no longer cared what awful thing Gwen did - I was going to be Team Gwen just because I hated Theresa that much. When LH joined AMC, I hoped for the best, but alas, it was just all one big cry fest. I find it really frustrating to watch a female character, and a doctor at that, who cries at the drop of a hat. Cara could have been a far more interesting character if she'd dressed more appropriately for a doctor and wasn't constantly sobbing over something. I know some of the David Hayward fans loved the idea of a David/Cara relationship, but all I could think about was how often I'd have to watch that woman sob if she kept seeing him. I was so hoping for Tad/Cara as endgame on AMC because they were actually light-hearted and fun together.

Archived