Michael Logan's Twitter Rant? About MAB?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

U think JFP gives a flying f@@k about Maria? Jill has had 36 years in biz. Jill got fired at GH after 11 years but when she won the Emmy in 2012 she didn't diss Frank Vslentini she was very classy and acknowledged and said from the old guard to the new guard keep the magic going. Jill also loves Frank.

• Members

I agree. MAB has the right to her opinion and the right to express it. She also has the right to defend her tenure as EP/HW. Anyone may disagree with it, and a lot do, but I appreciate hearing her point of view since she was intimately connected with Y&R for years even before she became HW/EP.

• Members

All I know is MAB's Y&R was much more interesting than what we have now. I would rather have her back than let JFP continue to ruin the show. JFP doesn't have any vision for the show and doesn't know what to do...that is why the storylines drag on for so long because JFP and her staff have no idea what they are going to do next. That's also why they have repeatedly switched writers.....just throwing writers against the wall and hoping one sticks.

BTW the worst storyline under MAB's tenure wasn't even her fault. She was forced to bring back Cane by CBS and put him and Lily back together. That whole Cane/Caleb and Colin storyline was the worst storyline under MAB and wouldn't have happened if CBS weren't so gung ho to support Lane fans. She was also forced to write for Diane when they forced her to cast MW (who I enjoyed btw but clearly MAB didn't have a good plan for her). They pretty much said "Even though you already have storylines going on, take MW and make her Diane and rearrange your stories to fit her in." CBS was more concerned with stunt casting than consistent writing. While MAB wasn't perfect I think if CBS would have butt out and not interfered, her tenure would have been better. And even with all that it was still more enjoyable than what we have now.

How I hate that we had that winter storm earlier this year because I feel that JFP would have been gone by now if that storm hadn't come and inflated the ratings.

• Members

both MAB and JFP were and are disaster for this show. the only way I see fixing what is left is they bring back Ed Scott as the Ex Producer and let him create a new writing team of new and old Y&R writters. then and only then will this show return to being Y&R. Sony and CBS won't do it because it will show they are wrong and a Bell executive is only capable of turning this show around. Y&R is doomed unless those in charge admit they are wrong. JFP will be gone eventually but ratings will have to continue to fall until then the woman has a death grip on this show.

• Members

The worst story under MAB was Cane coming back? Uh no. As awful as that was, we have the horrible botched Philip return, and the dueling Dopplegangers playing out at roughly the same time.

She also killed off Brad and Colleen for no good reason.

I am no fan of JFP. But MAB was just as rotten for Y&R.

• Members

Uh yes.

And if killing off characters makes you rotten, then by your logic if William Bell returned from the grave himself he would be unfit to run Y&R.

Yes I didn't like Colleen being killed off, but the storyline was still entertaining and definitely miles above that Cane/Caleb mess that again she was FORCED to write.

Archived