Schitt's Creek, TVGN's 1st Scripted Show

DramatistDreamer

• Members

I love the title of this!

Fans of SCTV may like that it stars Eugene Levy & Catherine O'Hara. I think they're a good combination to bring the funny, hopefully the scripts will facilitate this.

For some reason, I jumped to the conclusion that TVGN would veer toward reality shows but I'm glad they are doing the unexpected and investing in a scripted series. Even though I don't even subscribe to cable, I hope the series is entertaining (I also hope they work out a deal for a secondary run on Netflix or Hulu when the season is over).

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/eugene-levy-catherine-ohara-to-star-in-first-scripted-series-on-cabler-pop-1201335072/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great Trailer, very funny!

I just recently watched an Australian miniseries produced by ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company) on Netflix so I wouldn't rule out the possibilities.

I also read Netflix is going to start carrying series from other countries. More from France. A lot of agreements can be worked out and it is lucrative for these nations' production companies once the show has had its seasonal run on broadcast TV. The BBC does this , Canal+ is beginning to do this and I forsee other broadcasters following suit.

Archived