Supergirl: Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SO I guess it's safe to say, if you leave Teen Wolf, you are bound to end up playing a superhero on a CW show :D

I would say he's a decent choice, though my first thought was that it's funny how he's now going to work with Blake Jenner's wife, since he just did a movie with him...I'm not saying that's the reason he got the role, which of course it isn't, but it seems like Hoechlin is part of that circle of actors who seem to always be on things that have connections to previous stuff he's been on.

• Members

He certainly is handsome enough.   Perhaps he is a little young but I think Christopher Reeve was younger when he got the part.  Reeve projected a little older I think, perhaps because of the way he had an older man's haircut and wardrobe in the films.   We shall see what they do with the part in this.   Brandon Routh looked more like Superboy than Superman, but I think he would be perfect for the part now.  Henry Cavill proves Superman is not just a pretty face.  I thought they might get Tom Welling back for this but I guess for some reason they decided Krpton has passed him by or something.  It's too bad they don't tie the movies into the TV shows, because after stinking up two movies, Henry Cavill could have done a few episodes as penance.    Of course, no one on the tv shows mopes around so he would stand out like a sore thumb if he did the movie shtick.

If they give him the right costume (with the shorts and the bright blue) and they put that curl on the front of his hair, he could like like Superman.   He seems a little dark and swarthy for the role, but Dean Cain was way more ethnic than this guy.   I know he was in Road To Perdition as a child, so maybe that means he can act.

• Members

I don't know....he's not a "bad" actor, but I always felt like he was one of those definite "failed athletes" who even with all these roles being booked,will never take the job as seriously as should....proven on how he played Derek on TW.....(even though the writing was terrible for him, I'll give it that)

with that said....he was really good in RTP...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hoechlin didn't look like that at Comic-Con

Also more news in relation to the 4 day crossover

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/supergirl-common-thread-flash-arrow-legends-tomorrow-crossover

And apparently Katie Cassidy also signed a contract to appear on all the DC shows like Barrowman and Miller, presumably including Supergirl as well