Supergirl: Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Perfect way to put this Toups, it is out of their comfort zone but I really don't see it doing all that well unless they pair it with a mega hit to get people watching. I'll tune in for the pilot, but the lead is so beige to me as she was on Glee when I attempted to watch the later seasons.

They said that it will more than likely have crossovers with The Flash and Arrow. I believe I read it on Deadline.

• Members

I'm curious about this and will probably watch. I agree she looks bland and the costume is eh.

I don't know if I see it going to the CW if it flops on CBS. I've heard it'd be way too expensive for the little network that won't give up trying (even though CW can afford to air The Flash and Arrow).

Edited by KMan101

• Members

SUPERGIRL, as an actress, came off MUCH better here than I thought she would. I'm not quite sure why this is a rom com with a klutzy girl cliche that just happens to fly type of thing, but at least a lot of the FX don't look horrible and I guess it stands a chance. I'll be trying it out. Also, Mehcad Brooks.

• Members

I see people RAVING about this trailer. It's better than I expected (I'm not 100% yet) and I think it's what many wanted Smallville to be (although I liked Smallville for what it was). We shall see .... I do think this belongs on the CW. I don't think they'll move it if it flops. Just depends what CBS will consider a flop and if it's worth it. I've repeatedly read that it won't be moved because it would be too expensive for the CW to continue producing. Who knows?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yeah, Supergirl won't move to CW if it's canceled, unless WB is willing to cut the budget big time. Being on CBS, it's not going to be able to fly with ratings the ratings Gotham and SHIELD deliver, it's going to have to be more. I'd guess it's going to have to at least do about what Scorpion does (maybe a bit less since it airs an hour earlier).

• Administrator

I'm a rom-com fan but I did not expect that for this show, so I was put off a bit by that preview. I thought it would have the same tone as the other two Berlanti comic shows (Flash and Arrow). Instead, if feels like Berlanit's "No Ordinary Family" that aired on ABC years ago. I do like Melissa Benoist though. :wub: