September 29 - October 3, 2014: Good Week for DAYS and B&B

Toups

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I don't understand these headlines for the ratings, with all due respect. GH is the one to be touting. It's hitting the 3m mark and gained the most viewers despite its timeslot change. Days is still totally anemic (as much as I want the show to succeed and I watch days more that GH). GH had a great week. That should be the headline.

• Members

Who would've imagined that B&B would be mounting a challenge for #1 in both sets of demos? I think it would be awesome if B&B grabs the 18-49 crown - even for a week. The show is so much 'younger' now without Stephanie, Jackie, etc. It's been an amazing turnaround. Now if we could ship off Eric, Pam and Charlie, it would be perfect. All useless secondary characters - I'd rather see Justin and Donna instead of those clowns.

• Members

Give it a rest. It's gotten 3 million in an off season month. Consistent ratings all across the boards. It's 300000 viewers higher then last year. It only lost 8000 in demos. DAYS increases aren't that impressive. At least it's not bleeding as much as the summer but its kind of flat. Thanks Raven for pointing out the obvious.

• Members

Between its good ratings, production values and international success,B&B has been the real success story of the genre for the last few years. IMO, it will probably be the last soap standing. I'm actually surprised Univision or Telemundo hasn't picked up the Spanish translations from CBS for broadcast. Although I admit that I have no idea how the legalities of that would work.

• Members

You're absolutely corrrect about B&B standing above the rest in terms of production - plus all those remotes and the excellent use of LA's climate for outdoor scenes (DAYS are you listening!) As far as Univision/Telemundo, CBS won't share the broadcasting rights in US - it would cut into ratings. However, does anyone know if B&B actively advertises in Spanish media publications/TV, etc.? That seems like fertile ground for them. It would probably make sense to make a real attempt to incorporate a couple of Hispanic romantic options on the show - it is LA!

Archived