• Members

I think they didn't necessarily knew how the relationship with Cooper and Truman would play going forward from the pilot, which no one seriously expected to be picked up to series. They didn't know how deep it would go. I agree about their friendship and I think the showrunners did, too.

I think they needed the Cooper/Audrey scene in Episode 6 and were smart to do it. I don't think the romance was scrapped at that point, either, but much later in Season 2 - they were clearly building to it before and during her rescue (beautifully so, in true soap opera fashion) up until the BOB reveal and perhaps a little beyond when the Laura arc wrapped. I think Dale refusing her then made the romance more legitimate later, after Audrey began growing up. But, oh well. And I do think MacLachlan regrets his role in things today - his commentary is very diplomatic, but that's how I take it.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had to post all of this incredibly dated recap special. ABC's own Alan Thicke - the dad on Growing Pains, for those of you younger than dirt - would like you to know that he is a "Peaker" and he wants answers just like you. Also: Cop Rock!

• Members

That tweet was sent to me. I'm glad to see they are in.

Check out these other tweets from Kenny Herzog, writer for Rolling Stone, Vulture, SPIN, A.V. Club:

October 15:

It could be coincidence that I've spoken with Piper Laurie, Mary Jo Deschanel, Kimmy Robertson and Michael Horse today. Or it could not be.

(Am I the only one that, despite my deep love and adoration for her, doesn't want Piper Laurie back? I don't want to see an older Catherine, possibly defeated and not in her prime. That is one character that age would be hard to work with IMO.)

October 16:

It could be a coincidence that I spoke with Warren Frost, Carel Struycken and James Marshall today. Or it could not be.

October 20:

Believe it or not, when you chat with Catherine Coulson, who played The Log Lady, you do spend a lot of time talking about wood.

October 21 (today):

Just about rounded out a recent slate of interviews by chatting Laura Palmer with Sheryl Lee. Looking forward to sharing the results soon.

To me, excluding Harry Goaz, the biggest question marks are:

Sherilyn Fenn

The biggest question mark but she would seem like the easiest to nab, giving her a chance to reunite Audrey and Cooper, plus she is on Showtime now in "Ray Donovan" and had her own Showtime show back in the day.

Dana Ashbrook

How weird would it be to have Shelly back without Bobby?

Lara Flynn Boyle (or Moira Kelly)

Will Donna make an appearance?

Wendy Robie

Big Ed and Norma without Nadine?!

Russ Tamblyn

He had a bit of a health scare but was at the blu-ray premiere event and is close with David.

Miguel Ferrer

How do you not bring Albert back?

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

I found the recent picture of Lara Flynn Boyle and David Lynch. This was taken on May 17, 2013.

Filmmaker David Lynch was the man of the hour at the Orange County Museum of Art’s annual gala, Art of Dining, held at the Balboa Bay Resort. The multi-hyphenate creative who trained as a painter and is also a musician was joined at the fundraiser by Twin Peaks cast members Mädchen Amick, Lara Flynn Boyle and Ray Wise. One almost expected to see stacks of donuts spaced two inches apart on a dessert table, in a nod to the famed spreads created by the police dispatcher on the television show known for its cult following.

A quote from someone that attended. Sounds like she still speaks highly of her time on the show when asked:

I enjoyed meeting two of Lynch’s Twin Peaks cast members at the party – Ray Wise and Lara Flynn Boyle, with Wise saying the experience “was the high point of my career,” and Boyle beaming, “It was pretty cool to be on the cover of Rolling Stone.”

slide_301862_2547142_free.jpg?1370894538

16020795-standard.jpg

preview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=api

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

Yeah, I saw that pic (and you on Twitter, you sneak!). I've heard before that she and the production are not close today, but maybe they did patch it up, who knows. She does look even worse than that now, and her acting has collapsed worse than her face.

I have seen Piper Laurie since and while she is definitely old, she is still Piper Laurie. Catherine was one of my favorites as a kid and I'd be happy to see her no matter what.

I do hope they confirm Peggy Lipton. And I know Amber Tamblyn has been present in a lot of TP extras and events with her dad in the past, and she's grown into a great adult actress in a lot of films (as well as entering the Quentin Tarantino stable, though her role in his next film was recast with Jennifer Jason Leigh). I would love to see her on the show.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am not advocating for her return at all, I don't think I could deal with the second hand embarrassment of watching Lara's face in all honesty. sad.png

That's true, she's still a spitfire. I'm not sure why, it just feels wrong to me. I would be more than happy to be proven incorrect though.

I think Peggy Lipton is all but confirmed, between her tweets and the (unconfirmed) assertions that Everett McGill was indeed tracked down and is in. I think Amber would work. I know a lot of people are petitioning that Alicia Witt (who played Donna's piano-playing younger sister Gersten in one episode) should "replace Donna." I believe David has used her in at least one other project of his. Mark Frost also recently followed her on Twitter and if Mr. and Mrs. Hayward are going to make appearances? It could be possible.

Other than characters whose actors have died, I expect that some other characters have also died in the last 25 years. I'm afraid for Bobby. sad.png

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

Lynch always loved digging up the Haywards and the minor characters - he brought back Donna's sisters for the Season 2 premiere, like Harriett the poet, who was fantastic in the pilot and again in that episode. He brought Eileen Hayward back a number of times, and gave the family a very good scene that was deleted from FWWM - it's in the Missing Pieces, and it strongly implies that they and others in town knew more about Laura's dark side than they let on. Probably Warren Frost's best work in the series.

I never need to see Donna again unless it's Moira Kelly - that would be lovely, and a very nice additional marriage of the show to the film - but I wouldn't mind seeing her sisters or children. And I think James Marshall is very attractive today. In a sense, James the perpetual, traumatized naïf and his Bookhouse Boys connection might be more germane to the town today.

I don't know the details on how close Peggy is to Lynch - I have recently heard she is - but if she is confirmed I am thrilled. Norma is a favorite of mine. And I was sure Lynch dug up Everett McGill for a reason, along with Frost friending Harry Goaz.

Piper is 82, but she still works and, judging by recent videos, is still fit as a fiddle. She's not doddering around. She can do it.

I doubt those interviews mean "nothing." But we'll see. I am holding out for David Bowie and Phillip Jeffries, but I am not holding my breath on that one. I think Dana Ashbrook may be back too, especially with Don Davis dead. I think Frost and Lynch may be keen to see Major Briggs' dream of his son fulfilled.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I loved Dana Ashbrook's performance and I hope he appears, but to me Bobby was a supporting player you don't have to have. I loved Shelly, Norma and Ed, Andy and Lucy, Catherine, etc. but I also don't think any of them are absolutely necessary. I think the people who are absolutely necessary are Cooper, Laura, maybe Harry, the Palmers, possibly Audrey and a few others. After 25 years, to me almost everyone else is negotiable. But I really doubt they won't deal with Bobby in some fashion if they're going after so many of these others. Plus, we really have no idea whether or not he's in - Ashbrook just doesn't have a social media presence to tell us.