The SON baby

Juliajms

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you and I agree it's a lot like a baby shower. smile.png Thank you to everyone who's attended.

The anatomy scan went very well. Everything looks normal and the baby is in the 70% percentile for growth. It's really a huge relief to know that the heart and spine are developing normally. Next appointment is December 18th.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you Slick. I'm sorry to hear that you have type 2. I hope you have an easy time adjusting. Seeing your message made me check my phone and sure enough a message from the doctor telling me I failed the 1 hour glucose test. I was at 150 and they want to see people have a number under 131.

Now I have to go to the hospital on Wednesday and take a three hour glucose challenge. If I fail this one I officially have GD.

• Members

It's been about 7 months, and my blood sugars very rarely top 120. My sister was diagnosed 25 years ago, so I've been around it so long. I never thought I could do the needles, but I took to it quick. My best friend always asks about you(she got pregnant at the same time). She is doing well also. She is on bed rest(she's 48 and nervous) and at least once a week she asks me about her "fellow mom to be". I'll update her later. tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png Have a great day, and good luck 2moro!

• Members

I'm glad to here that you've adjusted so well. Please tell your friend I hope she is feeling ok. Bed rest must be so hard.

AllMyDaysAtGH:

Thank you so much. It's good to hear your sister navigated it successfully three times. I should know by Thursday where I stand.

• Members

Thanks Mr. Vixen. I got the call from the doctor today and I do have GD. I suspected during the three hour test that I would fail. I really felt like hell after drinking the glucola. I'm a little bummed, but it's the kind of thing you just have to suck up and deal with it. I have to go next week and get the diet plan and the blood sugar meter.

Archived