The SON baby

Juliajms

• Members

Thanks for all of the well wishes and name ideas. I will definitely keep you updated. My next appointment isn't until October 23. I'll post a sonogram picture when we're a little further along. Right now you can't see a lot on the picture they print, although during the actual 12 week sonogram I could see his head.

Spencer is one of my top choices.

This was one of my grandfather's middle names. I've always liked it. I'm not worried about people knowing the baby's last name. It will be Winograd (the father's clan are Russian Jews).

Jack is one of my favorite names, but it's also the name of our pug.

When I thought the baby could be a girl, I was thinking of naming her Mauve, after Mauve Ryan. :-) There are a ton of good soap names for girls. Soaps have been a big part of my life, so I have no shame in using a soap name.

I'm half tempted to name this child Elijah Jack (E.J.) Winograd.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Julia, I LIVE for E.J. Winogard. What a classic, sophisticated soap name. And if he ended up not wanting to be called by initials later in life, he has a great name to fall back on. I love both Elijah and EJ!

Side note - I go by my initials and have never "outgrown" or "disliked" it - I know sometimes parents worry about using initials for their children like that.

• Members

I'm glad you both like it. I really want to thank everyone who's posted in this thread. I'm pretty isolated right now from RL friends and family. Most of mine live back on the east coast. Plus my closest friend has fertility issues, so I really don't want to hurt her by over sharing the details with her. Anyway, it's really nice to have you guys to share this with. smile.png

• Members

smile.png Thank you Marceline

I like it too. One of my best friend's has a young son named Ethan.

I like that one too, although my husband would nix it because he has a friend named West. If even his 3rd cousin once removed has a name, he thinks we'd be "stealing" it. That's only a slight exaggeration. laugh.png

We both like Elijah, but he's unsure of "Jack" as a middle name. I kind of like August, but I don't love the idea of people calling him "Gus".

Archived