B&B - October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That scene with Katie crying tears for Ridge was so stupid. How can anyone even fall for that coma inducing character. Surely he will facilitate her annual heart attack any day now and put her into that very state. My god I hate him.

I'm ready for Eric and Donna round x but seeing as both characters are less relevant than ever there's not really any use for it. Donna's everlasting hope for a reunion is kind of endearing in a way.

• Members

When did Katie find out about Ridge and Caroline? I was surprised with how much she was telling Donna. I swear those two repeated the same conversation for 3 straight segments

Yes, why is Muriel, a model allowed at these Forrester corporate meetings?

aQR3HsD.png?1

FiDKbBD.png?1

tumblr_men1gdKjVW1qlxyddo1_400.gif

• Members

Ridge told Katie on Friday, Oct 16 that Caroline had a crush on him, and that he considered using that crush to get Caroline to continue to team with him as the "dream team" Eric wanted to run Forrester. That was also when Katie told Ridge she wasn't OK with him using Caroline that way, since it seemed like a Bill-type tactic to her that a "good" man like him just wouldn't do. (I guess she doesn't know all the times Ronn Moss' Ridge tried to stab his own family or Brooke in the back).

Of course, even when he told her he had ended things with Caroline, he still hasn't told Katie about his kissing Caroline yet, hence her telling Donna it was just an innocent crush that was over and done with. Wonder who will get to break the news to her? Ridge? Rick? Maya?

• Members

I liked Maya when she delivered the line ''the guilt is written all over her face'', but the actress is a bit too much a bobblehead doll with the way she moves her head all over the place.

Thanks, I spent way too long on it lol.

I've never seen or heard of him before B&B but he's so blah and shows no emotion. And his husky, smokey, whispery voice annoys me to no end.

Welcome to B&B! It felt like Hope and Quinn were having the same conversation about the baby for two weeks straight.

• Members

I was waiting for someone to bring it as I'm partly annoyed by it as well, but at the same cherish the old-school soap vibe. It's a matter of clever dialogue wiritng to make repetive scenes sound slightly different. And I think the B&B writers as of late do a pretty good job. I really enjoy watching the show and it gives me some 80s/90s feel in regards to the length of the scenes and storylines these days...

As for Thorsten Kaye. I REALLLY like as Ridge. His speech, mannerisms etc. are spot on. I can get why people are over him because of his AMC frontburner tenure ut on B&B he is supporting lead and definitely a huge improvement over Ronn Moss. They just need to groom Kaye WAYYY more. I still don't likethe scruffy worn-out. The impeccable playboy look was one of Ronn Moss' greater achievements as Ridge and as a long-time viewer I can only accept Ridge that way.

Unpopular opinion ahead: I thought the actress playing Maya has stepped it up a lot this week and was much better than Lynsey Godfrey (Caroline) who seems unable to play sublety. It's not for a lack of trying but she did not convince me in Caroline's scenes with Rick where she hid her attraction RIdge.

Archived