B&B - October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

To be honest they cut scenes here and there in Italy to make room for the Big Brother...

I guess you find lousy network execs everywhere in the world.

Re: bonus scenes-- I wonder how actors are paid for that. Are they included in their episodes guarantee? I'd love to find out.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were on GH together, but I think they had their characters isolated for the most part with the exception of family events. From what little I can remember, Lois typically interacted with Sonny, Brenda, Lily, and Ned. AJ, on the other hand, typically interacted with Jason, Keesha, Carly [when her skanky ass came on the show], and the remaining Qs/Wards.

Hardcore GH fans that watched habitually, please correct me if I am wrong.

But I don't remember them flirting or really interacting while they were on GH. At least from my recollection.

• Members

It's the first time in 27 years that I see KKL throw shade at something, and to be honest she is totally right. The Italian DWS jury has been treating her like crap since the first show. I have followed her, she gave some nice performances and yet she was the only one getting unfair treatment and extremely low marks. And to think that about 9 years ago she was invited as a special guest on the show and they were crazy about her performance. I think the following are the reasons why she's gotten this awful treatment:

1- In the Italian DWS, they always try to make sparks fly between the dancing couples just to have some gossip/publicity run around the show. They paired KKL with an attractive man (of course), kept making references to Brooke's men (wtf) and always had a kiss included into the dance. Of course KKL being in a great relationship with a man, she wasn't too fond of this, and only gave in to a peck on the lips.

2- she doesn't speak Italian. She has to rely on translation, which causes miscommunication. What also happens is that whenever you are interacting with someone who has an accent, or doesn't speak your language, you tend to think that person is stupid or not that bright. That's why many judges have spoken to her in a way that was quite rude and condescending.

3- ageism. I can't help but think that is one of the reasons why she's getting treated like this. This year there's a Brazilian model on the show, and she's as beautiful as KKL, but she's in her 20s. So you see every judge drooling after her, one of the judges even had her as his partner at a red carpet event. Maybe I'm seeing things, I certainly hope I'm wrong, but trust me KKL has received embarrassing treatment.

I'm really sorry for her, because I'm a fan and because she's always seemed like a genuine person and a team player. We'll see how it goes.

Archived