DaytimeFan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The Royals returns Sunday, November 15 at 10pm. 

From E!'s press release:

"E!’s break out first scripted series “The Royals” returns in its explosive second season starring Elizabeth Hurley as Queen Helena, William Moseley as Prince Liam, Alexandra Park as Princess Eleanor, and Jake Maskall as the new crowned King Cyrus. The second season picks up in the wake of the tragic murder of King Simon. Thanks to some scheming between Queen Helena and Cyrus, Prince Liam and Princess Eleanor have been deemed illegitimate, thus thrusting Cyrus into power. While Eleanor drowns her sorrows in excessive amounts of booze and boys, Liam vows to avenge his father’s death and bring his killer to justice. Tom Austen and Dame Joan Collins also return as duplicitous bodyguard Jasper and the Grand Duchess of Oxford respectively"

Please register in order to view this content

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Very satisfying kick off to Season 2...

They have rid themselves of the dead weight known as Ophelia. Hurray! Unfortunately, they have brought in her dead mother to haunt her father, a character who doesn't need to be there quite frankly.

Jake Maskell as King Cyrus is great fun.

William Moseley as Liam has improved a lot. And he's got a haircut and lost weight/got in shape. 

Alexandra Park as Eleanor continues to be a bright spot.

But of course it's really all about Elizabeth Hurley and Dame Joan Collins. Excellent chemistry and excellent scenes, both independently and together. Bring on more of both!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The last two episodes have been really satisfying. I love the addition of Laila Rouss (ex-Amber Gates from 'Footballer's Wives) as the deputy prime minister - I only hope Queen Helena triumphs over her. Their confrontation in this week's episode was great. 

That's been a nice bonus about The Royals. The odd UK soap actor (like Eastenders' Scott Maslen as James Holloway) pops up. 

Ratings haven't been as strong as last season, which is a real shame because the show has hit its stride, it will be interesting to see if it gets a third season. 

• Members

Ok Laila Rouass was my everything and it was a tremendous surprise to see her turn around in that chair as the acting PM.   I can't see Cyrus approving her as PM with whats he plans on doing. Helena had me cracking up saying that she had knock-off Jimmy Choos and then telling her to ask the people to name the last and five previous PMs and then ask them who the Queen is... I detect no lies.

I'm not liking this Beck character... new chick that was hitting on Liam ... N O. I'm happy to see him get back out there even though I like Ophelia with Liam. They need to figure it out with her and I have to see if Merritt is going to be back this season.

It needed more Jasper and I just looooooooove Cyrus -- he's so damn good at being bad. HA at his guy telling him to pick the bulldog's nut.

Archived