Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

Well, if Brad Bell plays his cards right, and starts plotting for maximum effect, he might be able to overtake Y&R in a little over a year or so.

Pratt will be flashy, but he will focus the show on all the problems that already exist . Young sexy stories with flash! With Jill's strong belief that older characters should be supporting, or gone, and a lack of charismatic younger actors the show isn't in great shape to survive the two of them.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just can't anymore......you would think that we would be use to all the ignorance behind the scenes by now with making foolish decisions like this.....an announcement stating the show would be canceled by the end of 2015 would have been the best news ever sadly at this point....

Are they at least ANY bright spots in Pratt's writing?? to be completely fair (which it's hard to be at this point) I just knew him as the guy who F**ked AMC up....but were there good things on any of his other soaps??

• Members

I think Pratt had a handful of good ideas when he started at AMC. Those quickly devolved into absolute [!@#$%^&*]. He and Megan McTavish and Frons really broke the back of that show, and he was very expensive in the process.

I think as usual, Sony or CBS is enamored of this big man from primetime soaps who they think can come make their soap hot again. At GH he was basically just Guza's partner in crime. And after GH, he tried to transmogrify parts of AMC into his show with Bob Guza - with Zach Slater as a gun-toting Sonny Corinthos and Tamara Braun as Tamara Braun. They tried to use him to make AMC hot again but he was not cut out for Agnes Nixon's homespun show at all.

I believe he had a background in daytime long ago, and I liked some of his work on the Spelling soaps when I was a kid, but his sensibility is all often-tacky night-time [!@#$%^&*] from the '90s - and he brought it back to daytime in the 21st century.

Oh, I see he has retained his old co-EP credit from GH! Then there's no way he won't be expensive again. Great job, Sony. This'll end well.

I'll let Jill Larson take this one:

• Members

He was largely believed to be the driving force on GH that moved Jason to the true center of the show, taking it away from Sonny. Sonny wasn't always the "hero" anymore, but Jason was 100%.

He loved Courtney, and kept her as a focus character the entire time he was on the show.

I've read the storyline with Rick Webber was his, who knows how it was going to shake out because Genie quit and it changed a lot of the story, so I maybe can't blame him for that.

I can't remember if he was there during Brenda's first return, the successful one. Not the Balkan.

I thought the show improved after he left.

He was a jackass at AMC. Arrogant and rude without anything to back it up.

Oh I know that. But I bet he would love to be the show that takes number 1.

• Members

This January on Y&R:

While away on business, Jill Abbott dies in a mysterious plane crash.

When Mackenzie Browning (Tamara Braun) returns to town, will she and Billy Abbott (Casper Van Dien) be able to solve the mystery behind the strange gift Jill left behind for them... a beautiful antique music box?

• Members

He does have earlier daytime credits. But it was on GH, back in the way way back, during Monty. And she ruled with an iron fist. And knew what worked for her show. He comes from that 1980's ABC Monty mold. Guza. Racina. Even Reilly. Plot plot plot plot.

I'm interested to read his first interviews. When he landed on AMC, he tried everything he said he was going to to modernize the show. And it stunk. I wonder if he has learned some humility in these few years of firings and his primetime shows being cancelled.

Archived