Joan rivers in critical condition

alphanguy74

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so very sad about this news. It went the way I'd expected it to...as far as I'm concerned, Joan has been gone since the moment she entered the hospital last week. Life support was a means to provide Melissa, Cooper and their family and friends with the ability to get things sorted out, to say goodbye and to prepare themselves.

Melissa is a true credit to her mother. She did the most loving thing by letting her mother go.

Joan was fearless. Heartfelt. She was a survivor. She is a personal hero of mine and I will miss her so much. She was a force of nature. We won't see her like again. A legend.

• Members

Agreed... I just visited her facebook page to post my condolence, so far almost 90,000 people have posted loving remarks. Shows just how much she was loved and admired. Melissa has handled this entire situation with the utmost in class and dignity. I however, predict there will be a shitstorm of major proportion after the funeral and grieving is done, that endoscopy clinic might as well shut it's doors tomorrow, because I don't think anyone will be coming to them anytime soon. I think there WILL be a lawsuit in due time.

• Members

In the later years her shtick changed for the worse. She used to be about putting herself down and making jokes at famous people's expense but it didn't come across as angry. Her act changed to become this angry person who would curse and yell and would often use anger to repel anything she didn't like (like the recent incident where she stormed off CNN.) There is a video on YT where after she makes a Helen Keller joke a guy screams from the audience "not funny!" and instead of using humor to shut him down, she just shouted him down calling him an !@#$%^&*]. That's not what a comedian is supposed to do. For her outrageous became having a foul mouth and saying nasty things under the shield of it being comedy. But when she was good she was very good and she deserved better than what she got from this shlock doctor.

• Members

I agree with those of you who haven't cared as much for her recent comedy, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to that stuff. I mostly remember her 80s and 90s work.

Good article.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/09/04/joan_rivers_has_died_her_later_career_revealed_many_things_about_show_business.html

Stephanie Beacham goes Candid Camera on Joan.

Archived