Joan rivers in critical condition

alphanguy74

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to disagree. As sad as it is, a true living hell is wasting away for years with alzheimer's, or something equally as bad, think Annette Funicello. If this is the end, Joan was vibrant and 100% here all the way up till the end. She's lived a full and exciting life, she said herself "If I drop dead today, I've had a GREAT life". Being totally fine right up until the end, is a blessing many of us hope for. Yes, it's sad, and I think Cooper and Melissa are more or less in "temporary hell" right now.... but it could have been MUCH worse.

• Members

I can assure you that talks of a lawsuit would be the last thing Melissa Rivers would ever think about at this time.

It will take several days for Joan's physicians to determine her condition. She may not emerge from the coma. She may be a vegetable. She may be herself. If she does emerge from the coma, for her sake, may she emerge herself. Otherwise, I hope it is a merciful release.

• Members

The physicians induced the coma to prevent brain swelling. The coma has never been the issue for Joan, the brain swelling and oxygen starvation is. There is some likelihood that she may come out of the coma with severe brain damage. I pray for a miracle for her. She is one of life's great survivors and a personal hero of mine.

• Members

I've been kind of hopeful, to tell you the truth, because I saw my brother come out totally fine from being in a drug induced coma for 10 days, and unlike Joan, he coded 3 times! Considering she was in New York, and facilities were close at hand (as opposed to my brother's situation, where the hospital is 30 minutes away) her age is the only mitigating factor here. I wonder if she's breathing on her own?

• Members

The latest news sound not very promising. It is all so sad. A week ago I still was amazed how vital she still is and the big working load she takes on all the time.

I wanna see her like that again so badly. I love you Joan! You are one of my heroes.

Archived