Soaps' most memorable twin stories

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really loved Rose on ATWT. That was a depressing goodbye. She died a horrible, tragic death for no reason.

I has dropped out of GH when the other Emily showed up. I can't even remember her name. Rebecca? Was she a twin?

Kristen is a fun character, and Susan was pretty entertaining. Not the rest IMO.

• Members

Yeah, Rebecca was Em's twin. -_- That had to be one of the worse twin reveal stories.

I was hot and cold when it came to Rose. Somedays I liked her. Other days I didn't. It depended on the story. I was kind of glad that Babs had Will poison Rose. :lol: One Walsh twin was enough and I'll settle for Lily, the one I grew up watching (even though she irked my nerves too).

I'll always carry a torch for Vicky/Marley. They were the best set of soap twins IMO. At least when Anne Heche played them. I loved watching her play them during the SoapNet run (as it was a bit before my time), and "Who Shot Jake" furthered my love for them. I loved that Vicky championed Marley and wanted vengeance. Sucks because that'd all come crashing down when they made Vicky marry Jake at the end of AW--a decision I still don't care for to this day. I preferred them as frenemies or friends at the most. Lovers? Yuck. And Marley going cray cray and coming back as Ellen Wheeler didn't please me much either.

• Members

I dug Rose more than Lily. But I thought they killed her at the right time. I also think DAYS has made a mistake not bringing Susan back, maybe with a bit of orthodontic surgery.

I had a really bizarre twin story in mind for GL once, Blake and Ross's two sons, but it was inherently flawed in that it required them to be retconned into being identical when they were, of course, fraternal. My utterly sound logic was 'who gives a [!@#$%^&*], we never see them.'

• Members

Share, please! happy.png

I always wished that GL would've SORASED them when Phillip returned in the end. It would've been so good.

On my GL blog that I used to do on here, I intended for Kevin to be the upstanding twin like Ross and for Jason to embrace his Thorpe side. tongue.png He'd be like good ole' grandpa, Roger. I wanted Kevin to be conflicted as he really wanted to go into medicine, but went into law (like his late father) to appease Blake. Kevin, once believed to be Rick's son, would grow close to Rick--view Rick as a mentor, which would unnerved Blake. She still holds ill will towards him for his part in Ross' death, and she does not want her son anywhere near him.

Eventually, Kevin would've flunked out of law school, pissing off Blake, and he'd follow his passion apply for medical school; however, Blake isn't for it. She's not paying for him. Ed and Rick would try and coax her into allowing Kevin his dream, but she is not bending. She wants him to be like Ross. Holly (the sensible one) would undermine Blake's wishes and dig into a trust that Roger left for Kevin to help him pay for his tuition. Blake would be pissed but would eventually grow to accept Kevin's dream ... even though she still does not want him near Rick.

Jason, on the other hand, would've followed his grandpa's footsteps. He's a womanizer. A dreamer. An aspiring businessman. I wanted him to intern under Alan and Phillip at Spaulding while secretly dismantling the company with coaching from a bitter Alan Michael. Jason would hate the Spauldings for everything they've done to his dad and grandpa. Even though he and Phillip are related, his hatred for him is blind. I would've also had him target Rick by having him court Leah and turn her against her father, who Leah already has a strained relationship with. He could've been this generation's Roger.

Ugh! The possibilities with these two could've been endless. A modern day Cain (bad brother) vs. Abel (good brother). And eventually SORASING Clarissa and making her into a little neurotic minx like her grandmother and mother....wub.png

I hate P&G.

• Members

Pretty much loathed Rose from day one. But the reveal was hilarious, just for Holden's line "ugh....that's your real voice?" I was glad the beyotch died. At that point, even I missed Lily.

How has the epic Sonni/Solita saga not been mentioned yet?

Archived