What soap opera "mansion" had the most rooms?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've read that Conboy's remodel was unpopular with many fans. I guess I should just check out that site again, but I wonder if they ever redid the Lockridge home. It seemed less grand in comparison.

I wonder which soap boasted the largest apartment set. My guess would be Sydney's/Tracy's penthouse loft on The City. Marlena, Dorian, and Erica also had large duplex penthouse sets, not to mention Alexis' triplex penthouse she inherited from Cecil as a primetime example.

• Members

The Cory mansion on AW had a lake, a boat house, carriage house, stables and several wings. In the '70s, we saw most of these as well as a kitchen, dining room and servants' quarters. After a "remodel" in the 80s, most of the action took place in the foyer and living room, though we also saw a library, patio and the occasional bedroom.

Iris had a pretty large penthouse in the 70s, too.

• Members

The Chandler Mansion on AMC had multiple wings, and it was remodeled many times over the years. We saw the foyer, living room, Adam's office, his bedroom, Stuart's room, JR/Babe's room, JR's nursery, Bess/Miranda's nursery, Krystal's room, the dining room, the back terrace and gardens, the safe room, and probably a few other rooms as well.

In terms of set size, I remember reading somewhere that the Victorian mansion Erica moved into after Linden was pretty big by AMC's standards at the time because it had a front porch, an entry, a huge living room that included an off-shoot with a grand piano, the staircase, and the dining room all connected to each other. I heard their sets were bigger in LA because they had more room to spread out, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

• Members

That set didn't seem large to me at all because it lacked height. There was a scene with Erica at the top of the staircase looking down at David playing the piano, which gave some sort of illusion of height, but the two previous Linden sets felt more spacious with full sight of the stairs and the second floor landing. Similarly, Brooke's house (talk about your wasted sets) seemed larger than Erica's colonial.

• Members

It funny, because I think Luke and Laura's house on GH seemed larger than Erica 'a supposed mansion. We often saw the living room/stairs. The kitchen, the porch, the bedrooms and the basement. And it seemed spacious. That version of Erica 'a home seemed really cramped.

• Members

And a garage apartment back in the day. I think Larry and Merridith lived there. I'm only saying it because i beleive it looked totally diffrent from the carriage house we know of today. (and no it wasn't Joe and Viki's house which for some reason was called a carriage house. it looked more like a cottage.) I think the current carriage house was called "garage apartment" for a while in the early 80's but it looked a lot like the Carriage House of later years.

• Members

Yes. When they first returned to Port Charles, they spent the night there. I think it was abandoned. And Laura fell in love with it. Eventually we learned who it belonged to, and then those bones were discovered.

Just thinking about that makes me sad for how short term the stories on soaps are now . That one story had so many details and little asides and built story for other characters.

• Members

You mean the one the Webbers owned in the 70's and 80's. That was bascially just a living room i beleive. I don't remember it having any more rooms.

I like how Katherine Chancellor's house (i hope i never call it Jill's house) the library is now shown from a different angle. it makes the room sort of real because you know the part they are hidding now...it was shown for years.

Archived