What soap opera "mansion" had the most rooms?

• Members

What i hate most is homes like Dorian Lord's on One Life to Live. It was suposed to be this big mansion but all you saw was the foywer, the living room and then later the kitchen.

I think OLTL's Llanfair was one of the most "showed" mansion in soaps. It had the library. the foywer. in the 70's and 80's it had the sitting room. It had a kitchen that was used a lot from the late 80's on. then it had the sunroom that came about in the early 1990's. The only thing it didn't show was the dinning room. And don't forget the "secret" rooms. Victor and then the one Tess created (with it's own bathroom!).

I think on Days, the Dimera mansion has shown quite a few rooms over the year. I think most of them were "secret" rooms though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to Y&R, Katherine's mansion was big enough to have wings and one would have no idea if someone was living in one of the secluded, far-away rooms. We did see several of them (living room, foyer, dining room, kitchen, bedrooms for Jill, Nina, the pool area, I'm pretty sure Katherine and Phillip as well?)

• Members

I didn't watch Santa Barbara, but didn't both versions of the Capwell mansion show quite a few rooms (including C.C.'s office/den and a couple of outdoor spaces)? Llanfair was the first home that came to mind.

• Members

The Q mansion had wings too. The main Q foyer, staircase, living room, sitting room, patio and garden and gatehouse were one side of the house/grounds. It was being renovated when Edward was believed dead, and the family common area was in a different wing. I know we have seen Edward and Lila's bedroom, Alan and Monica's room, and both AJ and Jason. Tracy as well.

The Q mansion has been the home to so many characters! Off the top of my head...

Edward/Lila

Alan/Monica/Lucy

AJ/Jason/Emily

Tracy/Ned/Dillon/lord Ashton/Paul/Luke/Lulu

Alice/Reginald

Brenda/Lois/Brook-Lynn

Katherine

Skye

Jimmy/Celia/grant?

That dull blonde cousin in the early 1980's

Alexandra

Did Sean live there when Monica kicked the Q's out when they were sleeping together?

Has any other soap mansion had that many folks living within its walls?

• Members

Does Lucinda's estate count? It did have stables, which we saw quite a bit of when they hired that hot stable boy Holden.

Also the Spaulding Mansion had several rooms shown. I've only watched in YT storylines, but I recall a living room, kitchen/dining, Alex and Rogers bedroom, Alan-michael's quarters with both Blake and Eleni. Philip and Beth's room. I think they had stables as well.

• Members

On Capitol, we saw quite a bit of the Clegg estate:

-foyer with super tall staircase and upper landing

-living room

-dining room

-Sam's den/office

-Myrna's spalon with jacuzzi, massage table, sun lamp, hairsylist's chair...

-garage where Dylan tends to Myrna's luxury cars

-Brenda's bedroom

-the cabana aka Jordy's bachelor pad

• Members

I feel like the Crane mansion on Passions was huge. It did have a few wings.

Alistair's bedroom, Julian's bedroom Little Ethan's room, the nursery, Ethan and Gwen's room,Fancy had two rooms, Pretty had a room, Fox's room, the kitchen, the foyer, the living room,the ballroom, Alistair's study, the poolhouse, the guest cottage. There were tunnels and I believe a hidden library.

• Members

I also think the Crane Mansion had the most rooms of any soap, plus looked like it was the size of a castle when they did those outside exterior shots. They seemed to always "add" a new room every year plus towards the end we had those secret passages and tunnels, and let's not forget Hecuba's old lair was underneath the grounds... :D

TBH I always felt like there wasn't much to the Chancellor estate or Abbott houses. I know Kay's home was "a mausoleum" but I feel like we always just saw the Living room and very rarely other rooms like Kay's bedroom, the attic then the kitchen.

Archived