June 30 - July 4, 2014: Y&R Continues to Collapse; New Lows in W18-49 Viewers and W18-34 Rating

Toups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

No annoucement of firings this week, so it's gonna be coming next week.....it has to. CBS/Sony just cannot let the ratings slide like this without any consequences.

Come on B&B, get that #1 18-49 demo! The taking is there!

• Members

GH has been nothing but steady three months still up 400000 in viewers. It has a fabulous June and it should even be better for July. Let's not forget July 3rd and 4th are huge travel days. Nobody is watching tv on that day. Y and R I doubt they fire Jill but the writing team will be changed. I think major head writing changes are coming.

• Members

All will be right with world when BM, MS and MM return to Y&R. Isn't it clear that JFP had some sort of agenda dumping three of the biggest stars/characters within six months? C'mon you don't get rid of that many popular actors in KEY roles in such a short period of time. This hasn't been just a week or two slide - it's been happening for months.

• Members

Assuming Jill is safe, she will probably just convince Sony to drop Passanante (not a FOJ) and bump Tracey Thomson (a FOJ) up to full co-hw with Altman. Although I think the show was better before Passanante's influence started, I don't think that will be enough to turn things around..

Passanante, of course, will immediately go back to GH and not miss a single paycheck.

• Members

Miller was absent during key moments in Billy's life (Delia's illness, Bricky's kidnapping), but TPTB should give him anything he wants to retain him even though his excessive outs interrupt SLs? Now, if they scale back on Billy's airtime, fine, but we don't know that his outs won't coincide with a major story. Should YR work around his schedule? I [!@#$%^&*] hope not.

Stafford QUIT when JFP contained her, so should they have brought her back and allow Phyllis to devour the show whole? Phyllis was in everyone's SL and every character's face for no other reason than MAB allowed Stafford to dictate SLs. Don't take my word, just look at GH. If nothing else Stafford is smart enough to know how dumb FrankenRon are to believe there is value in bringing her to GH. There isn't!

Muhney - should someone who assaulted a co-worker be allowed back because 4 hacks have no talent to write a well rounded show with an ensemble cast? Should they take extra measures to make certain MM and Hunter are not on the set on the same day? MM is not worth that trouble at all! No one is. Besides, and I cannot stress this enough. Why would anyone (women especially) champion the return of this man? Folks were on Twitter the other day ranting because OpieBilly is having sex with his rapist Chelsea, yet these same folks put money together to fly a plane pleading for MM's return? Dumb asses!

YR was successful long before Miller, Stafford and MM, and can be again with a regime that understand the show and it's characters. The WRONG writing team is helming YR, and it is killing the show!

Archived