June 23-27, 2014: Y&R New Low in W18-49 Viewers and W18-34 Rating

Toups

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Come on, CBS/Sony, stop hovering the hammer above the final nail. Just slam in down. Is Y&R back to work this week or do they have another week off? If they're back tomorrow, maybe we'll hear something? *fingers crossed*

• Members

OMG my GH went up in the demos and continued fantastic ratings. Still up 500,000 is just amazing. This June was pure perfection and July sweeps we are in for a ride.

Toups I doubt JFP will be fired considering she won all those Emmys if anything the writing team will be changed. The show is boring it needs some better storylines going.

• Members

Y&R is in serious trouble. Those numbers are atrocious. JFP needs to go, the ridiculous headwriting team needs to go, and whoever appointed them at Sony/CBS needs to go. The Emmys are absolutely meaningless: they contribute nothing to the show's commercial viability.

The Bells are laughing, look at those B&B numbers, look at the fan reaction to the Abu Dhabi shoot, they're continuing to truly benefit the genre with innovation.

• Members

They're probably taking their time because they have no one else to replace them. Do you guys seriously think someone with integrity is going to be hired? If these people go, they will just be replaced by the equally terrible people like the Goutman's or Higley's of the world.

I don't know what the Bell involvement in the show is anymore, but Lee Philip was at their recent on-set Emmy celebration, and this current regime has used Lauralee more consistently than she's been used for about a decade now. Either they've completely given up and no longer care, or they're happy with the status quo if it means they don't need to take an active role.

• Members

Billy and Maria pretty much ruined it when it came to involvement from the Bell family. If there was ever a time to fix the show and attempt to get it back to the way things were, it was when Latham was ousted in 2008. But what did they do? They hired the inexperienced daughter-in-law of the show's creators, who proceeded to damage the show for years until Sony finally stepped in.

That now means Y&R is now more than ever prone to being subjected to recycled hacks who've failed at many other shows. I don't see Jill going either, but I do think the writers are probably going to be gone by November sweeps (and replaced by other crap writers),

• Members

Although JFP isn't the headwriter, she might as well be. We know that JG left because he didn't what to write what JFP wanted him too so obviously she is dictating storyline to some extent which means she needs to go, emmy wins or not.

Lets not forget that emmy's were won during MAB's tenure as well.

• Members

Sony can't be happy that both properties are not doing well. As much as I love ED, I'm not sure that a Kristen arc will lead to any permanent increases - maybe a small bump, but with AS & JS leaving and, seriously, no one near as compelling on the canvas, DAYS is going to slide hard. Y&R is going to have more hard times with the troika of recasts (NuNuBilly, Phyllis and Adam). I believe it was a serious error to let all three go in such a short time span and then recast. These aren't minor or secondary characters!

• Members

AS and JS leaving should not hurt Days IF TPTB focus on building other characters and the show itself starting NOW. Ejami drove many fans away, and some are waiting for the opportunity to come back. Hopefully Days gives them a reason to return and stick around. Contrary to popular belief 2 years ago, GH survived and even "flourished" w/o Burton. Stafford left YR and tons of fans did the Bill Cosby dance. That said, The Daniel Jonas Hour will NOT work! Bringing Eileen back and focusing on her for 1 hour for 3 months won't work. Hopefully, the show will remember this is an ensemble cast and write for all of the characters, and bring in some damn black people! It's ridiculous that this show has no black folks on this show (and please don't say Abe).

JFP needs a new writing team, and if she can't step back and let that new team write the show, she can go as well. I will always believe GH is a better fit for her.

• Members

The bigger question is whether any writer with integrity would want to work for Y&R? Either they circle the hack wagon or they hire someone from outside who is either at the beginning of their career and is eager or they hire a writer who is desperate for work and doesn't mind being associated with this show.

Archived