DAYS: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was actually thinking that yesterday. For example, the scenes between Eric and the Bishop on the phone actually looked like realistic sets rather than flimsy decorated boxes. There has been more fancy camera work with panning and angling.

The episodes we are seeing now probably were filmed a few weeks after the renewal - maybe they got a higher licence fee from NBC?

• Members

IDK. Sami has kids so she needs to be responsible, but why can't she get revenge on EJ? Kate and Victor are skilled at revenge and devious acts and act responsible as well. I'd love for her to be able to balance both. Destroy EJ and still keep her kids safe.

• Members

Those Wednesday scenes were powerful between Caroline and Sami - really well written. Caroline does have a point that Sami will end up unhappy in the end. Sami's pride is too wounded to forgive EJ right now, and I don't think she can balance that against her kids needs. But maybe she can do both? Seek revenge on EJ and shield her kids from it - it depends how much EJ stays in line. She (and Kate) should be more worried about Stefano tbh. If his bank accounts are frozen because of the tax evasion charges, he might not be able to exact revenge easily, but it will come surely?

I know it is mean to say, but Paige is a strange looking girl and a weak actress. Somebody called her Mia McCormack version 2 and I agree with that (now watch her get a role on a ABC Family show :P )

I liked the Kayla and Hope scenes. It's great for them to verbalize their hurt/anger at Bo.

Clyde/Jordan zzzzz

Kate and Rafe's conversation was not what I was expecting. Hmmmm...

• Members

Yo, that Kate/Sami portrait is everything. The best one yet. I love how that portrait space has become a character of its own. I guess OLTL started that with Eugenia/Nancy Pinkerton Dorian, and later Robin Strasser Dorian/Todd, Blair, and the kids. But this one is the most stunning replacement portrait yet.

• Members

I think I had called Paige Mia 2.0 and she soooo is. Weak actress, strange faces ... it's the same girl basically. "Sweet and innocent". GAG me. She's alright with Kassie, actually, but on her own ... nah.

I actually started to like the Mia actress (Taylor Spreitler) on Melissa & Joey (the ABC Family sitcom).

I hope it's just because she's very green in the role but so far ... blah. Not a fan of Paige at all really. They should have just developed Bev and retconned her into Paige.

Is MaryBeth related to Maxine? I wasn't paying attention to her when she first came on but how could they not even do that? Tie her to Maxine. I like Maxine with Abe and when she's not in the Dannifer orbit.

• Members

I refer to Paige as Sabrina Jr. (From GH). She is only slightly tolerable in my eyes because she is a teenager instead of acting like one.

I dont know why networks and writers write all their young ingenue as doe-eyed do-gooder with the personality of a toe nail.

• Members

I doubt that will happen, it would be much more in line with Sami to systematically destroy herself through her own mechanization of revenge, once she finally has what she wants. I am honestly waiting for this to happen at some point, it would be in character and would be a perfect bookend to everything the character is and represents. Eternally lonely through her own designs and refusal of self-acceptance and honest love.

I always felt the Sami/Caroline and EJ/Caroline relationships were a bit of an ass pull, but I basically feel the entire Brady families were subset in order to create an artificial family support for heroine Sami, so I guess I'll take it. I do like the mirroring of EJ and Sami as overall I feel they are very similar characters. I think the point of Sami's infidelities and indiscretions is an interesting one, EJ is at least still committed to Sami after the indiscretion which I think shows more mileage than Sami and her musical chairs love interests from 2008-2013, with Rafe, Lucas and EJ all vying for top contention during the that dreaded five year interim. I think she cheated on all three of them at one point when she was trying to make her "decision on whom to choose."

I think this is what I hated about the storyline. I just felt it was a reset to older storylines that were completed years ago. I just didn't need to see EJ vs. Sami for the 9 millionth time. However I do like the way they are writing EJ so far, in regards to the affair. I don't mind that EJ isn't perfect and that he had an affair, I just think there could have been a better way for EJ and Sami's relationship to end, but if this is apart of the writing staffs idea to have them come out of it stronger for it then I think this was necessary. EJ is a very prideful person, who felt emasculated by Sami over the way she chose to deal with the Kristen situation and he struck out, not to hurt her but to prove something to himself. The humility that he has shown Samantha the other day shows the depth of his grievance in regards to the affair, and that he won't fight her on needing her pound of flesh because he knows and understands how he has hurt her.

There is a difference in that most of their meddling comes in part for their children though. Sami's revenge would directly impede the development of her children in profound ways.

• Members

I didnt see Caroline pushing Sami one way or another but just giving her the benefit of her own past misdeed. Shawn would have been well within his right to dump Caroline years ago when he found out about her affair with Victor but he decided to give her another chance instead of sacrificing years of happiness that they share as a family. Does that mean Sami should do the exact same thing? No. But if she believes deep down that there could be years of happiness ahead of them she has to make a decision accordingly.

Personally I wish sami would wash her hands off of EJ completly but it is ultimately her choice and Caroline wanted Sami to make hers without all this anger and bitterness knowing if she didnt she would regret it.

• Members

HkG9DVv.jpg?1
My god, AS's makeup is awful

OMG Johnny, you just ruined your parents almost getting back together...lol

15duhqr.gif
Ouch! I have to say this is the first and only time this guy has any sort of fire in the role of Will. Its like she lit a fire under his ass.

ETA:

tumblr_n98axdvTdF1r9c8mno4_250.gif
tumblr_n98axdvTdF1r9c8mno1_250.gif
tumblr_n98axdvTdF1r9c8mno2_250.gif
tumblr_n98axdvTdF1r9c8mno3_250.gif
BTS of the portrait shoot

• Members

Kudos to the entire DOOL team for the Monday thru Wednesday episodes this week! I haven't watched Thurs. But the shows were stellar. Tuesday and Wednesday's breakdowns had Lorraine Broderick all over them, with those Sami/Caroline scenes which were wonderfully reminiscent of those classic Mona/Erica encounters on AMC. Allison Sweeney turned in the best performances of her career in those scenes and the scenes with EJ. Yes, the lighting and directing were tighter, a little more elegant. And every actor put in first-rate performances. I love Clyde and I hope they have him cross with Marlena when she decides to have a sex life and chooses him!

Special kudos to Melissa Salmons who wrote two beautiful episodes.

I am really enjoying the show right now.

• Members

The guy who plays Clyde is really good but I bet he is being set up for an upcoming murder mystery (with Ben being the main culprit as he tries to rescue Abby from his evil dad's clutches but the killer turning out to be whomever is at the end of their contract cycle)

And if the show goes with Clyde/Kate i think i will barf. Clyde's storyline is way too similar to the Curtis reed one and I couldnt imagine Kate falling for someone who did to Tammy Fay and Cletus what Curtis did to Kate's own kids.

Archived