Big Brother 16: Discussion Thread

• Members

Meh on the two HOH thing because it has been done when they had partners and stuff from past seasons.

After reading that description, I'm meh on the Battle thing too. I guess I will wait to see it play out on TV.

Thanks B!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The cast was perfection. I hated Tony too, lol. It was well diverse.

And that above is more proof to me that Grodner needs to GO. Ugh. I imagine Robyn Kass does pick out some good people (BB Canada is proof she can when left alone, and I was told by someone here or another board that Shaw/Slice wanted a diverse cast ... gee go figure!) and Grodner does what she wants.

I hate the casting tropes. I also think CBS plays a hand in that. I read somewhere that Amazing Race is sort of forced into those tropes as well and CBS often tells Survivor/TAR, etc. that they want All Stars, or what-not, and they probably want specific types.

• Members

The twist itself doesn't bother me. It seems interesting and it will eliminate floaters from the game because it'll force people to want to play the game because more people will be going up as an option. However, what does bother me (as always) is how production is going to pull strings to ensure their twist will work. That's why I don't want returning characters to come back because AG will ensure they are safe for at least the first three weeks, and the twist won't really affect them. Newbies will be flicked aside left and right and this will once again be BB13 and BB14 with a veteran (or two) being ensure a final two seat.

Furthermore, I am more concerned with the cast (itself) rather than the twist. After last year's dreadful cast (minus poor Candice, Howard, Elissa, Jessie, Helen, Nick, and Kaitlyn), I am fearful of who will come into that house this season. That's why I harp on why BBUSA needs to follow suit of BBCAN. I want people of all walks of life in the house. If it's gonna be sixteen houseguests this season then give me 4 Caucasian hgs, 4 African American hgs, 4 Latino hgs, and 4 Asian hgs. Some of them can be gay, straight, conservative, liberal--just give me variety at the end of the day. And give me people that actually love and want to play the game.

Do I think that BB16 will resemble BB15? I hope not. I hope these hgs are cautious of what they say and don't push it to the limit like last season. BB15 drained me mentally. Especially, the week when Candice was nominated and evicted. That had to be the worst week of feeds in BBUSA history. So much hatred and pain and to see Candice suffer so much that she didn't even want to get out the bed and play the game killed me. I don't wanna see another houseguest go through that. That's why I stress for a diverse cast. Look at BBCAN2. It was heavily diverse, filled with drama, but people knew how far to take it. They didn't get nasty to the point of no return.

• Members

Paola is gooooooorgeous!

WTF was Zach doing in his photo?

Oh dear god... bring back my hot bb Hayden.

Victoria is a cutie.

Amberrrrr... ca-ute!

Joey... love her hair and style in the image.

Can honestly say none of these dudes float my boat. Devin is ok but I am verrrrrrrry curious who will hook up.

• Members

Only ones that interest me thus far are Jocasta (she gives me Danielle Reyes vibes, which is a good thing), Devin, and Paola. I truly hate though that Ariana Grande's brother, Frankie, was cast on this show. With the twist involving America, it's apparent that he's going to win it hands down each and every week it is in effect. I hate when BB casts people with ready made fan bases. It's not fair to the other hgs. While I loved Elissa (dearly) last season, was not fair then and it's not fair now.

And apparently, only a select few of the cast went through traditional casting. The rest were recruits. Boy am I not surprised. -_- Why even get people to go out for casting when they go and pick people up from bars and acting/modeling agencies anyways? And Robin Kass is tweeting that people should apologize to her for casting choices when they were revealed. Uh no, bish. We'll apologize at the end of the season when the audience can determine whether or not this was a good season or not. And majority of these 'casting' choices seem more like Grodner's picks then Kass'.

I am glad though that most of these hgs know about the mess that occurred last season and they don't wanna repeat it. i'm glad Rachel brought up BB15 in a lot of their interviews.

Overall, I'm optimistic this'll be a good season. I hope I don't regret saying this.

• Members

I'm optimistic as well. I like the cast is at least more diverse than normal. I'm surprisingly OK with them being mostly recruits. I'm open to watching people who don't know the game figure it out. Could be terrible, but I'm hopeful it will be good. We shall see.

• Members

Big Brother controversy already involving contestant, Caleb Reynolds:

A response he made to someone who didn't vote for Romney found on the Internet:

"you believe in murder? You agree with fags? I guess so but I don't agree with murdering A innocent baby which he clearly doesn't mind. Nothin has changed in these last four years. You know it. Your just a democrat that wants that Muslim monkey in office. I'm done with you, your dismissed"

Oh and there's more:

4EW7Foi.jpg

(NOTE: Read his responses one the one below in the corner as well....)

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNv

Of course after fans discovered this, his family came out defending him and posting pics of him with his "black friends." rolleyes.gif There are other disturbing pics/videos of him that have been removed of him doing heinous things to coyotes and pigs (getting the PETA/animal lovers in a tizzy). His social media pages have now been locked or removed altogether.

Does CBS not scan these people thoroughly? The fans found all of this after a few hours of the cast being released when casting takes months.

Word on the street is that Caleb supposedly, he knows GinaMarie. Paola supposedly knows GM as well.

Buckle up, BB fans. It's about to possibly be another sh*t storm season.

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/21/bb16-already-has-a-controversial-contestant-in-caleb-reynolds/

• Members

This guy will become a martyr and hero to many in no time. He likely already is. If women and queer men want to !@#$%^&*] him, that will go up about 500%.

I'd already decided to skip this season, and this confirms it 100%.

• Members

No! Carl, you're watching! Don't let one turd ruin a summer of fun for you! But he isn't the only HG getting heat. Supposedly, Frankie (Ariana's brother) is catching some heat for doing black face in some video and being the one with Lea caught doing the Mama Elsa impersonation. And Hayden has been caught for calling his friends n*gga on Twitter.

Carl, I seriously think this season will be differ. I think that the hgs that aren't that bad will call people out on their crap (as they've indicated it in their interviews), and the ones that are bigots are probably getting warned by production to censor themselves. I don't see any of those three winning the game. Just watch it. Please.... happy.png

Archived