Big Brother 16: Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want veterans or family of veterans on the show for selfish reasons. I'm likely to watch the Live Feeds if that happens. I cannot survive another summer like last summer. I lost count of how many times my a-- was up into 4 and 5 am watching those feeds when I had to get up at 7:30/8 in the morning.

• Members

I agree. I'm over how they cast certain types, and it's clear they do because each season is a near clone of the one before.

"The token gay" "the token black male and female" (and sometimes they're both gay AND black), "the blonde" "the southern boy" "the superfan" "the hot/beauty pageant girl" .... their casting is just REALLY tired. I don't know how Robyn Kass casts BB Canada just fine but BB US has sucked with their casts for years now.

How much control does CBS/Grodner have over casting? Is there some CBS mandate that insists each of their reality shows typecast certain roles? They must. How about ignoring the typecasts and just, you know, casting people with personalities. Not to fill a spot.

It's one of the main reasons I really liked the last season of Survivor. I felt the players cared about being in the game, were there to play, and had the personalities to match. Granted, some were less exciting than others, but it seemed less typecast-y than in the past.

• Members

It's well-known that Grodner makes final casting decision and that she relies on the tropes you've listed. I wouldn't be surprised if Kass picked numerous colorful casts with players that know the game and eagerly want to play, but Grodner goes back and changes it because they didn't feature characters she likes. I can assure you that the "hot guys" that Grodner has a boner for are even fans of Big Brother. Most of them are probably wrapped up in themselves, women, or sports.

I love that you brought up this past season of Survivor because I felt that cast was PERFECTION. While I didn't like the outcome (I hate Tony :P), it was well diverse and as I fan and someone who is diverse, I felt that the chips weren't heavily stacked against the diverse cast members from day one. Unfortunately, I always feel this way when it comes to BBUSA.

• Members

Twist revealed:

-Two house guests will win HOH each week
-Each HOH will nominate two house guests for eviction (4 nominees total)
-Just because you are HOH does not mean your safe due to a new competition called "Battle of the Block"
- A new interactive twist called "Team America" will allow America to influence the game.

The two winners of HOH make their nominations. If we factor in two separate teams within the house it stands to reason that each HOH will nom the other teams players, equaling 4 on the block.

Now comes the Battle. The two HOH face off against each other in a comp. The winner gets to keep his noms from the other side of the house the same AND has his players removed from the block leaving only two noms on the block from the losing HOH side.

The loss forces the losing HOH to have his/her protection removed and he/she can become a replacement on the block if veto is won and used.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Archived