Big Brother 16: Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So far it's good. I can already tell that Frankie & Paola are going to work my f*cking nerves this summer. They are so EXTRA that it's not even funny. I'm hoping that they are boots #1 & #2.

Paola is already GM 2.0 (not shocking seeing as she knows GM) and is already obsessing over Cody, who is not interested in her in the least bit. She's thirsty for a showmance and it's sad. Does anyone fail to realize that showmances equals targets?! Stop hooking up and play the damn game. Ugh.

And these people making alliances on the first day.... rolleyes.gif Dan Gheelsing (though he's not my fave) said it best: Panic alliances always fail. And he's right. Every alliance made within the first two weeks always fails. The Four Horsemen of s5. Mrs. Robinson's alliance of s8. Jesse's alliances on both s10 & s11. The Veterans of s13. The Moving Company of s15. Quattro on BBCAN1. The First Five on BBCAN2. Why do people still attempt to do an alliance so early? I wouldn't make a big alliance till at least week 3 or 4.

I don't see El Quattro lasting because of Nicole. She was already wary going into the alliance and that's dangerous. But Paola will be their downfall. Or Amber v. Joey over Devin's affection. One of those two situations will be the downfall of the girl's alliance.

I do like Donny/Devin. They're like Spencer and Howard, who I hated--well Spencer, but I see them making it far. Devin isn't as timid as Howard, and Donny seems like he's smart.

Team America (IMO) is just another AG rig so her favorites (and I'm banking they are Frankie and two other men) will be safe from eviction. I will only care for this twist if someone like Amber, Devin, Donny, or Jacosta win it. Otherwise, I could care less.

And from the package of the other hgs tonight, I can see that Jacosta is going to probably come into the house preaching like a motherf*cker, which is stupid. I hope she's smart enough to read her hgs before she goes off into a religious tangent. I'd rather her be the quiet Christian/prophet that solicits advice when asked. Or be like Dan--she'll play the game to perfection and let her religion drive everything that she's doing because it's a game. I hope she's not the stereotypical loud mouth, pious Christian that is in the center of drama. And her transformation, which many believe she was once a lesbian but got "reprogrammed" thanks to the Lord (rolleyes.gif), she better keep it to herself. With people like Frankie and Joey, they'll dangle that over her head, thus making her public enemy #1 or two after Caleb's true colors emerge. Let Caleb be the bad guy, Jacosta. Please fall into the (and I pray) background and be a silent assassin.

Rant over.

• Members

LOL. Cody seemed really interested. He was totally trying to get to know her when they were in the bedroom but she was clearly holding off. I agree she's more thirsty for him than her but he was absolutely interested. She seemed to be holding back.

Devin and Donny are major steps up from Howard and Spencer. Howard never seemed checked into the game and Spencer was just awful. I love how normal Donny is. I hope he and Nicole work together.

I like this cast, so far. It's only the premiere so it's hard to really get some good impressions.

I actually liked Frankie way more than I thought I would but he COULD get tiring after a while.

I like the idea of the all-girl alliance. I just have little hope it will work out, but I find it really refreshing and interesting that it's even being brought up and that the women seem for it. I think they deliberately looked for women who would form an all-girl alliance. Jocasta is another (in her pre-show interviews) I believe who wants an all-girl alliance. I feel like Paola could be the undoing if she and Cody do start swapping spit. Or Joey. I don't know why but the ones most for it are probably the ones who will be the first to ruin it. But I'm not going to hold it against Paola that she knows GM. I'll judge her for who she is and not who she may or may not be friends with.

Speaking of GM, some pics going around of her hanging out with Judd and Jessie.

• Members

I was flipping through channels and noticed the hotness that is Cody and Devin, so I decided to stay. To my surprise, I liked it quite a lot. I've managed to avoid watching Big Brothers from both countries I've lived in for many, many years, but I'm curious to see what watching a full season of BB would be like. This was a promising start.

• Members

I pretty much liked all 8 of those houseguests! Interesting bunch this season!

I LOVE PAOLA. AT THIS POINT. She reminds me of my best friend. LOL. She's so sexy and bubbly and out there and just free! I thought her thirst for Cody was so cute LMAO I loved the scene when she was asking him questions in the bedroom! I like how open and to the point she is.

Frankie isn't bad either. I was dying when first layed eyes on Joey's blue hair. The look on his face - LMFAO!

Joey is the only one I don't like so far though. Something about her annoys me. IDK.

Also, Devin. Cool but something about his overly wide smile terrifies me. But I love the single dad angle!

I hate the twist so much. Ruins the whole point of being sole HoH for the week. WTF???? I won't be truly happy for anyone that wins an HoH comp now

• Members

The only thing I'm iffy on is Team America. So basically it's America's Player, MVP and Saboteur all in one? I'll have to see who America picks and how it's played out.

I'm impressed I came away liking the 8 people I watched. That's a great start IMO. I hope it lasts once the feeds kick in.

• Members

First 8 alliance? Hmmmm, sounds familiar. Considering their numbers are bigger, what this end up being a disaster

tumblr_n7rgbk4VeI1tw384ao1_500.gif
I think Frankie is a bit extra but I like him

tumblr_n7rko9puDa1syl1bmo1_250.giftumblr_n7rc6nvOdx1tw384ao2_250.giftumblr_n7rc6nvOdx1tw384ao1_250.gif

Devin is hot. Cody as well. Hope they aren't douches

tumblr_n7rataLzsx1t46fw8o2_250.giftumblr_n7rataLzsx1t46fw8o1_250.giftumblr_n7rhd3kguk1t46fw8o1_500.gif

Seriously, this guy is beautiful and his friends are hot too

tumblr_n7r5xeihTO1qk08n1o1_500.gif
Tila Tequila is pretty but annoying and needs to get over herself. She forms this all girl alliance but her thirsty ass is going to be the destruction of it

tumblr_n7r94aZUXh1ql2ui0o1_250.giftumblr_n7r94aZUXh1ql2ui0o3_250.gif

The girl I was feeling the most was Amber. Im intrigued by her ethnicity bc I cant quite figure out what it is. I love her look

I hope CBS proves me wrong but on the surface, I hate the Team America twist

tumblr_inline_n7r5yvhTRK1qkzglh.jpg

So is this the gay cowboy of the season?

• Members

I don't know about Frankie, honestly. He seems to be trying a bit too hard, I think it's too over the top. I don't really seem to gravitate towards people that have schticks IRL so it's not much of a surprise to me that I'm not that thrilled over Frankie. I'm also not super fond of his sister who seems fake as you know what. I'm not really saying what I'm thinking because I can't word it correctly without it sounding a bit offensive.

Nicole seems like a female Ian to me. A bit socially awkward and quiet at first but hopefully she can stick around long enough and surprise us and do well.

Caleb, I don't *think* is gay, but he calls himself a metrosexual cowboy so I'm sure he'd have some fun with a guy, just like I get the same vibe from Cody. They'd both go for it.

I agree alwaysAMC about Cody. He doesn't seem like a douche so far but let's wait for the feeds to kick in and see how they all are. I always end up a bit disappointed because the premiere episode is often so far off from what is really going on.

None of the guys seem terrible so far which is a plus but I'm already iffy on Caleb and Zach and I'm thinking Hayden could be a bit too much as well.

I don't think Jocasta will be as divisive as people expect. She seemed pretty smart in her pre-show interviews. And often there are a lot of people in the BB house who read the bible and others usually respect it. Usually.

Amber surprised me. And intrigues me as well. She could be someone to watch this season.

I fully expect Joey or "Pow Pow" to totally ruin the girls alliance and they're the ones who are the most for it. Amber and Jocasta also said in interviews they wanted an all-girl alliance.

• Members

Soooooo glad I'm not the only one. The entire time I was watching, I kept asking myself was she mixed? She looks it.

Interesting to see who the guys are digging. I don't think I saw Devin into Joey but lrt the games begin since Amber has her eyes on him too.

Frankie is definitely a

• Members

Amber is mixed. Someone on SurvivorSucks said that Amber's mom is Italian and her father is black. In other words, she'll probably be like my precious Candice, she's mixed but will define herself as black. Most girls that are interracial that I know typically state that. Guess because of the 'one drop' rule. Regardless, I like Amber. She (along with Devin and Donny) is one of the original eight I can tolerate.

I'm betting money that when feeds/After Dark comes on tonight, the house division will be a thing of yesterday and the HGs will be cliqued with other people they weren't originally cliqued with.

And I'm praying that Jacosta does not do all that I said before because I really want to see a black winner this season (sorry if I offend anyone). As a AA viewer, it's long due and sad because Survivor and Amazing Race as had multiple diverse winners--black ones at that. I just wanna see Devin, Amber, or Jacosta sitting in one of the seats at the end, and potentially winning.

*sighs* A part of me wishes that Tasha from Survivor would've signed up for Big Brother. She would've been a beast and a pleasure to watch on this show. She should seriously consider cloning herself and having her clone apply for BB. :P

• Members

Where's my boo?

Interesting Jacosta would say that she's done men and women in the past... dunno if I would admit that on national TV but I give her props.

Chick with the glasses is annoying me already and I don't like her laugh.

Zach is pretty damn hot. I can't wait to see how other people take to the new group.

Archived