Daytime Emmy Awards To Livestream Online

• Members

I'm waiting for someone to suggest a Daytime Emmy press conference like what was done for the Golden Globes during the boycott year. At least something like that wouldn't be extremely long and crash the servers...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Emmys in 2012 were the last I watched, and I was bored out of my mind. Most of daytime is filled with random talk, cooking, game and 'lifestyle' shows, and as a result, that's what most of the Emmys is. It's no longer all about daytime drama, and the fans who watch these non-soap shows aren't exactly the devoted types who'd sit for two hours and watch with baited breath to see if The Price is Right picks up an Emmy.

Really though, what's the point of watching a lame two hour award show when you check twitter for updates while watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix?

• Members

So sad.

As if NBC's summer reruns would pull in more viewers than the Daytime Emmys. Even if it were just 3 million, I'd call that a success.

Even if it were on during the daytime on one of the networks, it'd be a step up from the internet or HLN.

• Members

I can only speak for myself but IMO, the Daytime Emmy Awards have gotten boring. The entertainment is practically non-existent, the categories are mostly boring for soap fans (unless you are dedicated to watching a show that is nominated) and, frankly, the hosting just seems to get worse. I don't think I could spent that amount of time in front of my computer without clicking over to Twitter to read about the awards and complain about how uninteresting they are. It would be too tempting. This makes me incredibly sad because they used to be so grand and fabulous and something to look forward to. :(

• Members

When was the last year they showed clips from the actors and shows? I don't mean that drive-by nonsense they did, where you saw the video and the lips move but had no idea what they were saying since the announcer would be talking over cheesy, game show music. I mean actual clips with intelligible dialogue where you can see and hear the actors talk.

Does anyone remember the last year the Daytime Emmys did this?

• Members

I hate to applaud him for ANYTHING, but I believe it was somewhere between 2005 and 2008 when Brian Frons had it on ABC. Frons always had the show run for three hours and you got to see decent 5-10 second scenes from each performance whether it be younger, supporting or lead acting trophies.

That's the one and only bright spot in Frons' tenure was that he did a good job when ABC televised the show. NBC and CBS always kept it at two hours and everything always felt so condensed.

Archived