May 26-30, 2014: Y&R Hits New Low in Women 18-49 Demo

Toups

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not trying to call anyone out but certain poster(s) who ardently defended JFP and JP, despite warnings, are now singing a new tune? Just. ugh.rolleyes.gif

...but but but, you mean people aren't running to their TV's to tune in to see middle aged guys bedding young ladies with Daddy issues? Whaat?! You don't say...

Wait, so you're actually telling me that just because there are no reasonably well written storylines for any characters in their 20s and that despite the repetitious storylines for the 30 somethings, that people are not tuning in, in droves?

In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious!blink.png

• Members

I thought Y&R's ratings was supposed to rise because the show eaters and hambones BM, MM, and MS are longer on the show? GH is as worse as it is ever been in history according to some, is rising in the ratings. Days the best written show by some is the lowest rated show. I guess transitive property doesn't work when it comes to ratings and the quality of the show.

• Members

GH is actually decreasing in the ratings, this in spite of a full court press with their new characters and expensive hires. Having higher ratings than they had a year ago isn't doing them any good in the present.

I don't know how many expected Y&R to rise because Filler Miller, Muhney, and Michelle Stafford left; some of us just didn't think their departures would cause a ratings crash. And I don't think it has. The ratings have been steadily declining because the show is ultimately hollow and pointless and has been for years now.

• Members

GH inherited quite a bit of fans from AMC and OLTL, and yes, it's the worst its ever been. Disjointed mess, but some are desperate for soaps and they will watch anything. When GH features the pewbies, the ratings definitely decline. Fret not, ABC is still on a mission, and anyone who wants to believe ABC is fully backing GH, I got some swamp land for yah!

Peeps kill me when they contribute the ratings to a character or couple. If Miller, MM or Staffordshire had that kind of impact on the show, YR would have tanked by now. Not one of them is the reason the show is consistently declining in the ratings. And if a character or couple is the only reason someone watches, then your show sucks!

Ray Wise was wasted. A better regime could have told that cult story, which practically writes itself, with ease. I have not watched in over a month, but last I saw, Ray Wise just walks around grinning. Ian Ward was meant for greatness and not someone to give Avery more airtime.

Hevon. YR had the opportunity to tell a story with 2 young folks falling in love, something rare on soaps these days, but they reverted to old scrips with the Winters and put this beautiful vibrant young woman, Hillary, in Neil's bed because the Winters men have never fought over women before, right? Wrong! That's all the Winters men have done. I tuned out because this was the reason I tuned in. The wonderful thing about a well rounded good show is, when one thing catches your eye, other things will as well. That's how I came to love Ian Ward. Back in the day, we didn't tune in depending who was on. The entire show was must see!

Courtney? This wooden barbie doll and Noah? Ridiculous. This girl is a supporting character in a sitcom featuring mean girls if I've ever seen one.

Shick? Who [!@#$%^&*] cares?

Tabby and Mariah? Again, who cares?

Lane. Stans, who have taken control of the show, won't allow TIIC to break this pairing up and allow them to flourish outside the pairing. What can you do but ff or tune out?

Avery and the cooking hour? Seriously?

The gruesome foursome? Bricky, her baby woes and the 3 stooges that surround her? Honestly, is this really must see? AH carrying a story? That's equivalent to sominex!

YR is in a very weakened state right now, and if something is not done fast, it wont' be pretty.

• Members

I agree. No one at the network's following GH's performance too closely, b/c most everyone's attentions are focused on fixing primetime. Same for NBC and DAYS. If NBC and ABC were in much better shape primetime-wise, neither DAYS nor GH would have a prayer.

• Members

True dat, Carl. OTOH, OLTL and AMC "died" under the aegis of Brian Scott Frons, who seemed almost single-mindedly determined to rid his network of the two, regardless of the state of ABC's fortunes elsewhere.

Archived