Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

None of the men currently on Y&R are very strong romantic leads. JM is the closest that comes to that definition and his acting ability is limited (and diminishes the farther they put him from SC). I know many found MM and BM sexy but I was not one of those people. Most of the others who have the acting chops on this show are past their 'Sell By' date as I mentioned before.

The writing on this show is mediocre at best, so it's hard to judge the actual fault lines. It doesn't seem like most of the daytime soap showrunners today, do much in terms of long term story projections. Had they taken some time to figure it out, they might have found out that DT wasn't what they were looking for. Instead they wasted a lot of time, energy and audience goodwill promoting DT and his sister together like some type of CBS Homecoming when in fact, they had no idea what they were doing (which can be said for most of their storylines).

• Members

Yep. As a matter of fact, when I read the headline, I said, "This is Scott Bryce all over again."

I'm with Carl. If AH had as much pull with TPTB as some believe she does, then why would they have re-hired DT in the first place? Perhaps, if Billy Miller had been lured back, I would tend to believe the theory (and if AH pulls the same routine with Burgess Jenkins that she did with DT and we end up seeing another "shocking recast," then I'll definitely revisit my stance). Do I think AH did her best to sabotage the situation? Yes. Do I think her dissatisfaction has become a scapegoat of sorts for TPTB and this newest move? Yes. In the end, though, I think this is more a case of an EP and HW'ing team (and a network and a production company) being so locked into the idea of Billy/Victoria as a "money couple" (which is short-sighted, at best, IMO) that they're willing to do anything -- and I mean anything -- to make that happen.

DT shouldn't fret, though. There's always room for one more over at B&B. wink.png

• Members

Which is sad as hell, when you look back at this show's history. There was a time when every single one of Y&R's male (and female) characters oozed sex appeal from every pour in their skin. But now...? It's just sad.

• Members

Same. It all comes down to the actual, on-screen performance, IMO, and I think DT was good. In fact, I think he was very good. He just wasn't very good with AH, and for whatever reason, TPTB look at that as a deal-breaker.

If BJ (yep, those are his initials) flops and BM still won't return, then mark my words: Billy will be killed off.

Archived